1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Third party applications

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by racin, Feb 3, 2011.

1. racin

racin Lurker

I need to install Sony's backup and restore, it gives me a mesage "application not sourced in Android Market" where is this setting, it's eluding me. :thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Z3US

Z3US Android Enthusiast

u must be new to this phone. ok so here's the answer to ur ques

go to ur main home screen press d extreme most left silver button (u will see a box above it) then GO TO Settings--->Applications--->then select UNKNOWN SOURCES option and then try to install.

cheerz

3. rosered

rosered Android Expert

As you are from Missouri I am assuming you are an AT&T customer? If so, they won't allow you to install apps that aren't in the market so you can't install Backup and Restore. You won't have the option to tick next to Unknown Sources.

charlyee likes this.
  4. racin

racin Lurker

Ok, I give, whats the deal, Yes I am in Missouri, and all I want for x-mas is to update to 2.1. This is starting to get irratating.

I followed Z3US directions to no avail, I thought I was going crazy. I have the app in my download folder but I cannot get it installed. Am I going to have to rro this thing to get it to work?

5. racin

racin Lurker

I spoke to at&t yesterday, they are tryimg to figure out why we have not been able to perform this upgrade. I have not heard anthing since, go figure.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews