1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Third Party Insurance?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Zodiacranchers, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Zodiacranchers

None

Jul 26, 2010
    Has anyone bought and dealt with third party insurances? The wife bought me the galaxy S2 this Christmas and for the first time I actually want to buy insurance for my phone. I'm aware sprint offers insurance for $8 a month but if my math is correct I'll be paying $192 for two years. Third party insurance prices seem more reasonable and include more. So what do you guys think? Should I opt for a third party insurance or suck it up and pay sprint?

Advertisement

2. zmarko

zmarko Member
    None

Oct 2, 2010
    Denver, CO
    I use Sprint insurance. I would think Sprint wouldn't service a 3rd parties insurance so you'd most likely have to send it off somewhere if you needed to have it serviced/fixed.

Plus, if you take your phone in 3 times within 6 months they're "supposed" to be able to offer you some sort of equal replacement for your phone. I'm taking my EVO 4G in again in a few mins (3rd time since Xmas Eve), and I'm not too happy about it. We'll see if they offer me anything (doubt it). lol.

3. Zodiacranchers

None

Jul 26, 2010
    I hear ya! Yet, I'm still on the fence. I might just go ahead and buy extra insurance just in case. I'm going to be happily stuck with this phone for two years and I don't want to take any chances.

Oh yeah, I took in my wife's Evo 4G last month due to a faulty speaker and they simply replaced it with a refurbished Evo 4G. I had to pay $30 but it was worth it. I didn't have insurance.

Anyone bought or dealt with Squaretrade?

4. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    I haven't researched whats out there lately in regards to Ins, but in my past research, Sprints plan always offered the most complete coverage.. for example, some of the others (such as BestBuy) do not cover lost/stolen and/or water damage. So, Thats why I always recommend Sprints plan if someone is looking for insurance.. its the most complete coverage I've been able to find.