1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Third party launchers question.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Oh Dae Su, May 27, 2011.

1. deanshep85

deanshep85 Android Expert
    None

Nov 22, 2010
    UK
    actually the original poster did ask for benefits of other launchers OVER sense...and we've all done that..

while you may like sense it has to be one of the least customizable and thus less beneficial in comparative terms to '3rd party' launchers...like we said, you have the option to add or take away anything you like..

but this is all moot, as its all opinions...:D though to be fair....I'd like sense a lil more if I could change that god forsaken theme/add widgets button on the right hand side....its so god damn pointles!!

Advertisement

2. StevenSeed

StevenSeed Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Male
    Network Analyst
    South Yorkshire, UK
    I think that's the different between myself and the supporters of 3rd party launchers. I was never even bothered about that button until you mentioned it now.

Also, at no point whilst using Sense have I thought, "Hmm, it'd be great if there was another scrolling bar at the bottom with more icons on", or, "I wish there was a task manager/app killer in the app draw as well as all the applications".

Maybe I'm getting old, and I think as you get older you get more prone to the principle of "gnat's piss". I did try these other launchers - had Go Launcher for a full week - but I found I didn't really use any of the additional features it offered and was therefore pointless having it gumming up my phone unnecessarily.

Anyway, it has been interesting reading other people's opinions. Enjoy your Sunday.

Tags: