• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Third time's a charm

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Jan 3, 2011
Scotland
Received my 3rd Z1 today and I'm finally completely happy with it. :)

My first met a watery grave last week & EE sent me a replacement on Saturday.

Whilst the yellow hue on my first was somewhat noticable, the distortion on my 2nd was nothing short of hideous. Whites weren't white, but a horrible orangey beige.

I visited the local EE shop yesterday and showed the guy a couple of screenshots of the My Apps section of the play store page (where it was most noticeable) on my N4 and Mrs Presidentes One X, then did the replacement Z1. Before I said anything, he winced. He called their support line for me, I gave them some details and I took delivery of my 2nd replacement today. It's perfect, not a hint of discolouration.

Thanks to Kingo, a removable SD and Titanium, I was back up and running pretty much as soon as I got it. :)

Top marks to EE too, everyone likes to whinge about them, but they were brand new about replacing it both times.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones