• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
OK, sorry for all the questions.. major noob with this stuff. Was able to remove the apps that were given in the scripts, but how can I remove the apps that I don't want which aren't shown, such as twitter, flickr, peep, and appsharng to name a few. Are there scripts for those as well, or do I need to do those somewhere else?

How did you utilize the scripts?

Upvote 0
I don't really care about Hulu on my phone, but I would like a good and working version of Flash. Would you say that the version packed with the Hulu install is the better version, or would the one from the market be just fine?

Also, is the Stagefright fix still needed with this ROM?

P.S. This ROM is still running like a champ. I haven't reapplied a Hydra kernel, but the phone with FroYo is plenty fast enough and I don't need any extra e-peen stroking that comes from inflated benchmarks, tbqh. =X

Upvote 0
Not really liking how much of the bloatware is still here. I don't really know how to use the scripts.

I was in the same boat, but after playing around a bit it's actually pretty simple. I don't know how to run the scripts directly from the phone yet, but if you plug the phone in to your CPU and connect to ADB, it basically mounts the system automatically. The phone can be on. Then you just have to run the following script to remove the apps:

rm /system/app/appname.apk

When getting the appname, it might help to click details to see exactly how it's saved. It's case sensitive so you'll get an error if you don't type the app name exactly as it's defined.

Upvote 0
To an above question:

I would say the hulu flash works fine, but its up to you.

To the question about missing ram: Ask HTC.

To the fix permissions issue, the fix that breaks it is worth more than the function itself.

To the stagefright question: No, I do not include the stagefright fix, lest I piss off Hulu fans.

Upvote 0
How do u install this with forever, I don't like bricks unless they are in a house.

Additionally does it work with the latest radio?

as adryn is busy with harder questions I'll answer this one for him... you just install this like you always do.. VIA clockwormod... as a added safety its always reccomended to nandroid backup, then wipe data and start fresh...

forever just allows us to load on unsigned recovery images once a official ota comes out it will prevent us from losing root roms are still flashed as they used to be with clockworkmod recovery

Upvote 0
To an above question:

I would say the hulu flash works fine, but its up to you.

To the stagefright question: No, I do not include the stagefright fix, lest I piss off Hulu fans.

Is there really any difference between the flash included in the hulu install folder?

Thank you for the Stagefright info. I don't care about Hulu, but I do care about my streaming audio not sounding like it's being played in a garbaged can 10 feet away.

As always, you're the man and right on top of it.

Upvote 0
The rom comes with file mamager installed.
Open it up type

sysrw enter
Then type rem_ba enter - this removes backupassist.

Same with the rest of the commands.

When your done type
sysro

Then close file manager
Btw the "enter" listed above means hit the enter key

Just out of curiousity, how'd you get file manager to work like this? When I open it, it only shows me a list of all the files on my SD card (won't show system). I still can't figure out how to run these scripts via the phone itself, only through ADB.

Upvote 0
Just out of curiousity, how'd you get file manager to work like this? When I open it, it only shows me a list of all the files on my SD card (won't show system). I still can't figure out how to run these scripts via the phone itself, only through ADB.

See post #63 I errored thinking of it as a term program.

I corrected my post as well ty for pointing it out

Upvote 0
Ended up realizing it's actually available right in the Market. No extra config necessary. Just search for Wi-fi tether.. it's the same app that was in second wave.

thats the Ad-hoc only version.. download the newer version from somewhere... you want Wireless_tether_2_0_5-pre7 ... not sure if a hydra kernel is necesary but it works great with my stock hydra undervolt kernel...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones