1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips This could have gone a few places...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by rootabaga, Mar 4, 2016.

1. rootabaga

rootabaga Extreme Android User

Aug 11, 2014
    More or less IT, lots of hand-holding
    Crazyville, CA
    But I chose to give this video and the issues it envelops a separate thread.

Lots of people have a very "hands off" approach to child rearing, and for some kids it's great. Well, maybe. ;)

However, when it impacts the lives of others, you really are not being a good parent, or a good human, when you don't take steps to control it.

That said, I'm not sure exactly what the setup was for this video. Maybe it was actually set up and the guy being abused knows them, but either way I'd applaud it if I saw it happen. Although in reality I'd agree with the comment in the facebook thread that the action should have been taken towards the rogue mom, not the child necessarily.

This is on fb, but it was shared publicly, so it should be viewable.

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    and that someone else may be a guvmint worker who thinks they know more than you do...

times are different now, but 30 years ago, when my kids were 10 and 11.... if they sassed an adult, they got a leather belt on their rump fast.

I still recall my wife and our 2 kids sitting in a restaurant, and my son (the oldest) sassed one of us at the table... in less than 2 seconds, I back handed him across the face and told him if he ever does that again, that I will whip him so hard he won't be able to stand up for a week....

got a lot faces looking my way, but not one word from anyone that I had handled it wrong.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

when I was the same age, there was Board of Education hanging behind the kitchen door. It had holes drilled all over the face of it. It was a present to my father from the kids he taught at the end of a winning football season: he was a college Football Coach, Shop Teacher, Math Teacher, History Teacher.....

The_Chief likes this.