• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

THIS DECREASED my BATTERY DRAIN

I'm a smart phone newb. What the heck is pull? Does that mean manually updating?

Think of it like a rolling cart.

You want the cart to come to you. Someone can either push it to you. Or you can pull it to yourself.

Pushing it to you requires less effort then pulling it yourself would.

Just replace you with the Incredible, and "Someone" as the email server.

Upvote 0
For those wondering how multitasking works on Android Gizmodo recently did an article on how mobile phones multi-task. It has a section specifically on Android.

Giz Explains: How Multitasking Works on a Phone - iPhone - Gizmodo

Enjoy...

From that site, if it holds any truth then even if you don't use the task killers, the apps in the bg altogether are capped at 5-10% of CPU processing, which to me says that it shouldn't drain much battery juice. I'd like to get some numbers/percentages on this tho to make it more concrete. I am playing around with settings with my phone and letting them sit for hours and see the battery drain on them. So far, it's pointing towards what the article state that the apps are capped hence they do not drain much battery juice. Albeit, I have bluetooth and GPS off (have wifi on tho) I get about 12hrs or so with heavy use on the first initial full charge so I'm hoping it gets better. With that said, I'll still be getting a larger capacity battery since I travel way too much and on the road for quite a bit of time. I'm not sure if I should go with 1500mah ones with wall wart charging or the high capacity ones by seido (1750mah) or verizon (2100mah).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones