• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help This dhd is driving me BANANAS!!!

If you have your contacts, diary etc backed up to google and your music and photos etc on sd card them very very little. I did one a while back and all I had to do was reload my apps from market and sign back into my accounts. My wallpaper was remembered but I had to set up all my shortcuts again.

Download SMS Backup and Restore and that will save all your texts too to Google account if you need them.

Upvote 0
When i reset it do i have to remove the sd card or does it not matter

No, Factory reset doesn't touch SD card

What about all the wallpapers and any graphics ive downloaded. Will i lose them?

They should be saved to your SD card

Thanks, i downloaded sms backup and restore and it says its backed up the txts, do i just restore these when the phone has been reset.. Will the txts still be on that app ready for me to restore?

Yes, SMS backup and restore saves them to a folder on your SD card

Am i write in thinking that if an app i have on my phone is not on my sd card and i factory reset the phone its gone for good?

If you first disable the google backup it wont restore them, otherwise it may attempt to restore them when you next sign in to the market

Reactions: peterjmay
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones