1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support This Dinc confuses J and K drives - HELP!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by notaguru, May 29, 2011.

1. notaguru

notaguru Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    S Cal
    Rooted Dinc, Skyraider and LauncherPro Plus. It's fast, stable, has good battery life, and all functions seem to work properly. A terrific machine...

I'm really pleased in every other respect, but have one problem. And maybe (it often happens) the problem is me...

The J-drive shows up as about 8GB "removable", and is presumably the internal drive. The K-drive is about 2GB "removable" and is presumably the SD card.

The K-drive is full, and many of the folders there duplicate folder titles on the J-drive. I haven't found a tutorial on management, and don't know how to tell various applications where to store data.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
    You can't "tell" various apps where to store data, they will pick and choose what's best for them, and sometimes store data on the internal and SD card. If your SD card(k-drive) is full, I'd recommend going through it and maybe deleting some things off of it (pictures, music, videos etc) that you don't need on there anymore. Or you can invest in a larger SD card, the Incredible supports up to 32GB, and you can copy all of your data onto the new one.

3. notaguru

notaguru Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 22, 2010
    S Cal
    I'm mostly deaf and don't store music or videos, so there's not much to remove. Nevertheless, I'll delete whatever seems unnecessary AND will get a larger card.

Unfortunately, one of my most important apps - Moon+Reader - doesn't seem to be able to find ePubs when loaded via USB onto the SDcard where the app itself decided to locate itself.