• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root This forum is dying

At the very least, perhaps the mods should roll the rom section into the all things root? Seems like all the action is on XDA wrt root. I understand the breakout some months ago, but now this place is quite slow and we need to do something to spruce it up. :thinking:

It's had a good run though. I'd dare say this forum has been an EPIC forum. over 253,000 posts. Far and away the most successful forum on Android Forums. It is the first community that I have been a contributing part of on a regular basis for more than 6 months now. It's the nature of technology. It's been a great run, but with technology, eventually something else comes along and the excitement over what was new, no matter how great it is/was, subsides. I still check it daily, usually multiple times. Most of the people that are here will be with this phone until about this time next year when we will be 18 months into our contract and allowed to early upgrade to what's next.

Upvote 0
At the very least, perhaps the mods should roll the rom section into the all things root? Seems like all the action is on XDA wrt root. I understand the breakout some months ago, but now this place is quite slow and we need to do something to spruce it up. :thinking:

I thought the ROM section was created for organization purposes? Dumping the ROM posts back into the general root section might make it seem like there is more activity, but it will also make it that much harder to actually find what you're looking for in the forums.

There are tons of posts on these forums - each subsection doesn't need to be so hectic that posts get buried in minutes. The community has worked out a lot of the kinks with the Incredibles by now, so of course the discussion is going to taper off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones