1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This freaking update... Gps not workung now...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nickpapagiorgio, Jan 2, 2010.

1. droidx

droidx Member

i havent had any problems that i know of, unless you count the mobile connection saying im connected and no internet, i had to power off and on twice because of that, but so far my sleep time is around 47 percent, i wish i could share with you all my battery graph results over the past two days, so far its going good, i ran it from 9:30pm jan 1st to around 8am saturday morning and thats when it told me to charge it, 15%. so overall the battery life isnt what gets me, its the speed, i want the droid for the 16gb base storage, faster cpu, bigger screen, i wish the eris was faster and had more storage space, then it would be a great iphone replacement for me. and the music player, if anyone knows of a good one let me know, im tinkering with mixzit as of now, and so far its doing ok

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

Last night I installed an App that allowed me to turn off the GPS. It showed that the GPS was off. This morning the batter had not run down as much as I would have thought if the GPS were still turned on. So, I'm assuming than when I logged out of the Aloqa App, the gps was turned off, but the icon wasn't removed.

@mhotovec.. seems like it is, but I'm curious to find another App that uses the GPS and see if the icon goes away when I turn that one off. If it does, then I know I need to write the Aloqa people. If it doesn't, maybe it is an Android/HTC thing.

I found when I had a Droid for a month that some of these Apps are being updated very often. My "assumption" was that since Android and these phones are newer, there is still a good bit of tweaking to be done. The best fix for me just might be some patience. :)

Thanks everyone for their ideas.

3. Podivin

Podivin Android Expert

Another app that uses the GPS is Nav4All (navigation app). I also have one called GPS Status that just show some basic info about what the GPS is doing. I've used both of these and neither one leaves an icon behind when closed.

4. tats_06

tats_06 Android Enthusiast

The update went fine for me...but I lost all the apps I purchased! I backed up all with App Manager, but it only does free ones...Paid are protected etc....

So, if anyone has suggestions, I am open to them :)

5. Ataranine

Ataranine Android Enthusiast

Go into the market and get them again? I promise you won't have to pay for them again.

6. tats_06

tats_06 Android Enthusiast

Nope they are not there...as this ROM is not on Google's white list yet. :D

7. Benrx

Benrx Well-Known Member

Well, strangely the the gps icon goes away now when I turn off Aloqa. Maybe the App was updated, but I didn't get a notification. With the Droid I received notifications when there were updates.

HTC Droid Eris Forum

The HTC Droid Eris release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7600 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews