• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This is an urgent public service announcement...

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to..............................

Upvote 0
There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We can reduce the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to..............................

The Twilight Zone. :p

Upvote 0
latest

Upvote 0
What happened to me once upon a time was I had a call from "microsoft" claiming my computer had a virus on it.

It was a Pakistani creature on the phone and he said he was from microsoft and he needed me to click on a link to fix the virus.

He wanted to speak to my grandfather but I told him he had passed away years ago then he told me I doesn't matter with a very angry voice telling me do I want my pc fixed or not.

I told him that God will punish him for his dodgey behaviour and that working with criminals is not the solution to life's problems and he will burn in hell.

I then tried to keep him on the lin longer because I wa having a lot of fun screwing with his mind :D

I then said I am going to give you number over to the police LOL and then he hung up! XD

It was hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. I hope dies of a horrible and excruciatingly painful cancer that gives insane pain over many years :D

It would be justice after all :)

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
What happened to me once upon a time was I had a call from "microsoft" claiming my computer had a virus on it.

It was a Pakistani creature on the phone and he said he was from microsoft and he needed me to click on a link to fix the virus.

He wanted to speak to my grandfather but I told him he had passed away years ago then he told me I doesn't matter with a very angry voice telling me do I want my pc fixed or not.

I told him that God will punish him for his dodgey behaviour and that working with criminals is not the solution to life's problems and he will burn in hell.

I then tried to keep him on the lin longer because I wa having a lot of fun screwing with his mind :D

I then said I am going to give you number over to the police LOL and then he hung up! XD

It was hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. I hope dies of a horrible and excruciatingly painful cancer that gives insane pain over many years :D

It would be justice after all :)

Some people using linux have stung the phishers badly. Stories posted in security forums.

Gee. How do you sudo that? Terminal can't do that command

Called me once - but I use ringtones for ID. Heard Cocaine (Ringtone) and didn't answer. Did a lookup on the computer later.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
I like screwing with them sometimes, too, but the calls about an infected "compooter" have long since ended in my house. They must have me on their black list. :D

Now I am getting robo calls from "charitable" organizations supposedly collecting for disabled veterans and firefighters. Can't argue with a recording. :mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones