• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This is going to sound daft!

Hey Cupa T, you don't sound daft at all. Ok did you find the app on the Android Market on the phone? If yes, then did you click install, bottom left of screen? Once it is installed it should be in your app drawer on the very last screen so keep swiping right to left til you see it. Its a blue speech bubble looking thing.

I have now got an X8 on test and its basically the same as the mini's, so I then arranged icons on dragged it to one of my corners as this is the app I use the most.

Let me know how you are getting on and if you need anything else. Don't be worried about asking, its the only way to find out when you are a bit lost.

Upvote 0
OK that could be a good thing! If you have an online google account already and haven't put anything in to the phone yet, you just need to reset your online password and then create an account on the android market with the same details. You need to have the same details when you set up google sync to back up your contacts on line with your google account and also to tie in the phones calendar if you use googles online calendar.

Upvote 0
The newer phones don't have the seperate boxes, it's called conversation style texting so that you can see the flow better rather than having to flip in and out of your sent and received file.

I just find it more visually appealing than the stock app on the phones. Eaiser on the eye than all that blue.

See how you go with it, if you don't like it just go back into the market, click on downloads then select Handcent and you will be given the option to uninstall it.

If you run into any more issues, give me a shout and I will see what I can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones