1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This is interesting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mwiles629, Feb 7, 2011.

1. mwiles629

mwiles629 Newbie

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

I could care less. It's fast enough for me. Just don't start charging me more money.

t3true likes this.
  3. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

Andrea? Where are you? I need your response to rebunk this!!!!

4. checkride

checkride Newbie

HSPA+ is enabled, but the speeds aren't 4G because the backhaul isn't deployed to where ever they are testing. NYC is the only 4G speed location on AT&T right now.

TL;DR HSPA+ needs backhaul for 4G speeds.

AndreaCristiano likes this.
  5. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Android Enthusiast

As far as I'm concerned, the topic of speeds has been discussed way past it's prime in numerous threads. Most of have heard that AT&T has yet to "flick the switch" on the hspa+ speeds that's piggy-backing the 3G network. Until then, this is a non-issue.

6. Checkride answered it.perfectly. its tiring responding to these stupid posts

7. jonhcox

jonhcox Well-Known Member

AT&T has pretty much informed everyone that the backhaul of the HSPA+ isn't up and running yet which will certainly speed things up.

Frankly, I just speed tested my iP4 3 times and the best I could come up with was a ping of 330, 2.4 down and 1.2 up. And that's with FULL bars.

8. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

I swear if I could get this guy by his throat I would KILL him!!! He knows ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT THIS PHONE!!! And you know that he is an idiot because he doesn't like Sense UI, the best UI you can have with a phone that runs a skin!!! My god, HSPA+ isn't completely done yet!!! Once at&t begins using enhanced backhaul, you will get those speeds that you want, idiot.

BTW, I was talking to Brandon this whole time.

Matt

Rant #2: "We're running LauncherPro instead of HTC Sense; Anyway, that doesn't matter". No, let me tell you what doesn't matter, Brandon. Seriously, your entire coverage of the Inspire doesn't matter. The only misleading information about at&t's 4G and the HTC Inspire is coming from YOU. Yeah, YOU. I can only imagine what HTC would be saying if they saw your Inspire coverage. PR management: "Who's the idiot that sent our phone to this guy?". PR person: "Me, sir". PR management: "You are fired.".

Ok, I'm done talking about this, for real.

jonhcox likes this.
  9. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

lol....

just.....

lol

AndreaCristiano likes this.
  10. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

I am so bored with this debate im am just going to cut and paste what i said in another thread just now.

Exactly my point...75% of the time 3G speeds are not "3G" either...because of all these factors.

Did the laws of physics and communication suddenly just change becuse we are now at 4G?

Is 4G a magic number that ignores all the things that can bring down a signal?

I don't think so. Getting high end 3g numbers is probably to be expected in some instances...

DUH!

NUFF SAID.

jonhcox likes this.
  11. mattbe213

mattbe213 Android Enthusiast

Sorry about that one. Just got a little off track. I'm good now.:D

Matt

12. mwiles629

mwiles629 Newbie

I got ya on that. But why wouldn't it match the downloads speeds of the other phone?

13. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Android Enthusiast

Could be any number of reasons. I get horrible speeds on my 3GS, but my wife gets awesome speeds on her 4g. Sitting right next to me, no less. Too many variables to know the real reasons.

14. harlenm

harlenm Well-Known Member

Even worse, look at the difference in upload speeds. It's 1/4 of the nexus one.

15. substance12

substance12 Newbie

This could be explained due to the small sample size of the test... 1.

But this concerns me a little as well.

16. did you not see the above link?

17. substance12

substance12 Newbie

I did. I'm not "worried", just optimistically cautious :)

18. LOL I think like my hypothesis has been since this made up controversy started, being that the backhaul isnt on yet there will be areas that are getting slow speeds and until it goes on there will be that latency once it goes on alot of the areas will see dramatic jumps

19. harlenm

This doesnt concern you? Notice how upload speeds are never mentioned?

4G phone

[​IMG]

3G phone

[​IMG]

20. NO lol it will only concern me if after march and april the speeds dont improve. Once the backhaul goes live and the network starts filling out if the speeds dont change then i will be but until then no.

21. t3true

t3true Newbie

BTW , who just stared at the phone and totally ignored what he was saying the first time? I did.

22. harlenm

And if you buy the phone, and the speeds don't improve, and you're passed the 30 days, then what?

My point is that most of my download speed tests are identical or better than the inspire, an the uploads are 2x to 3x faster, if not more.

Something is going on with this phone, and it's not good.

23. MarcMaiden

i forgot to mention,

when I had my hands on with the Atrix, it was getting the same DL rates as the inspire with the exception of 1 peak at 4 mb/s

so its not the phone.

24. MarcMaiden

tell ya what,

Ill let you know how it is in a month or two.

sit tight my friend ;)