1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This is kind of embarrassing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chief113, Feb 9, 2011.

1. chief113

chief113 Well-Known Member

But I had a few glasses of wine with dinner, and I am even more excited about this phone on Sunday. I just said to my wife "What's today, Wednesday? I only have to wake up 4 more times to get my phone."

I need to get a life.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

No, you don't. This is "New Tech Syndrome" or NTS.

I have figured that it will take me, from this moment, 5 days till I can order my phone, and 6 till I receive it.

I am thinking of things I can do to make time go by faster.

Being unemployed and looking for a job, makes this tough. Because I have nothing to keep the clock moving, really.

40 hours of sleep till I can order mine.... ugh....

3. thoffland

thoffland Well-Known Member

I've been looking forward to working this week because I'm so busy the time flies by. I clipped off about 10 hours today and only checked this forum twice!

4. Chapp1e

Chapp1e Android Enthusiast

Just sold my iPhone, so I am good to go, going to show up at at&t or radioshack (whichever opens earlier on Sunday) and get me some inspiration. :)

5. loredona

loredona Newbie

Not even kidding, I posted the same thing in the Radio Shack thread before coming in here and reading this. I've told my coworkers if they hear me muttering "why is it not Sunday" over and over to tell me to shut up :)

6. chief113

Keep your head up Loiselle!

Loiselle likes this.
  7. Allenfx

Allenfx Android Enthusiast

i think its because we use our phones probably 1 to 2 hours out of every day....365 days a year.

Getting a new phone is like getting a new car almost (as far as how much you use it and are attached to it).

8. Androidjunkee

Androidjunkee Well-Known Member

Solid point, ive never thought of it like that. It's almost more personal than a car. I dont see people arguing or getting defensive about what kind of automobile they use but I see people doing that over which carrier, device, apple, android, or whatever mobile subject comes up.

My live in GF says im crazy and annoying because im so into phones now. Its awesome and fun to keep up with. Its a phenomenon really. I remember using a pager and having to use payphones and what not. Now its much more than just a phone. Its everything. And Android gives you the power to do what you want with it.

9. mrXniick

mrXniick Lurker

People get MUCH more heated about the kind of cars they drive ;) . Stay out of that world... trust me. Makes all of the android/ iOS fights seem like nothing.

10. sooooo true!!! Auto forums are a freakin mad house!!! I will say this people get heated way to quick over such trivial shit

11. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

A few months ago me, my brother, and some of my friends were out at a bar drinking and having a good time. A little after midnight I notice my bother walk out with a smoking hot bartender. This girl was gorgeous. I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. Thankfully my jealously didn't last long because a minute later they walked back into the bar and he was pissed. He's really proud of his truck. It's a really nice F250 super duty diesel. Well this girl wasn't impressed and basically insulted his truck which insulted him. He was drunk by then so he had no filter to stop him from running his mouth and saying exactly what he thought of this girl to the whole bar. Me and my friends found it very funny which only mad him madder. So yes people are very very loyal to the vehicle that they drive. Ford drivers hate Chevy's and vise versa and both hate Dodge's.

12. Androidjunkee

Androidjunkee Well-Known Member

Well I stand corrected lol

Thats interesting and im not on any auto forums so I would not be informed on that. Either way though people definitely take their phones serious

13. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast

Yeah there's some serious hatred between Android and iPhone users. I personally don't care. I'll use whatever I like at the time.

14. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Android Enthusiast

This ^^^^^^ I don't really care who makes what, and who does what with it. If it's a solid phone, I'll use it. My iphone 3gs was a good phone for the time I used it, but now I'm moving back to Android. Who knows what next year will bring me.

15. MarcMaiden

MarcMaiden Android Enthusiast

if you are a guitar player, then you would be familiar with this expression

"You have GAS"

meaning: You have:

Gear
    Acquisition
    Syndrome

better known as a "phone whore" in the cell phone community.

16. Chapp1e

It's what we call in golf: ho'ing. In golf, you're a club ho. In this world, you're a phone ho! :p :D

17. chief113

Ha. I'm a club ho too! I see you live in Philly too. Where do you play golf?

18. Chapp1e

I play most of my golf at Jeffersonville Golf Club, though I like to go around the area and play different courses throughout the season (Cobbs Creek, Gilbertsville, etc).

19. chief113

Love the Jeff! Ever play Glen Mills? Awesome place.

20. Chapp1e

No! It's one place I haven't gotten to yet. I want to hit Glen Mills and Paxon Hollow this year. My pop actually used to play Glen Mills a lot when he was younger. ol.

21. Chapp1e

OFF TOPIC: chief you going to the northcoast show this weekend? I might make an appearance and see if I can get a price on some shoes.

22. chief113

Nah, Aquarium with the kids!

23. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member

I've been counting the days to my friends. They started getting annoyed by the 3rd day haha...I have 9 days left until I'm eligible for an upgrade

24. mrXniick

mrXniick Lurker

Well to be fair, everyone hates chevy drivers ;) lol