• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This is me.

ukracer

Lurker
Oct 15, 2010
Hi peeps . My name is Andy T

You might need to be gentle with me as I am the wrong side of 50 but have been into computers for over 30 years whilst I was a full timefirefighter. Last 2 years I worked in ICT managing a fleet of Orange phones where we collected data for home fire safety checks. These were windows based phones though.

I now sell Cutter plotters and heat presses etc on ebay and need stable phones and android platforms to be able to do this effectively.

The main purpose for me being here is to learn how to root and why I should root and also to work out why I can download but not install any apps anymore.

Oh and yes how to install a file with APK extension directly rather than through the market.

I have an HTC desire with Vodafone and have to use Sure signal to get a signal in my house.

I intend to get a Advent or galaxy when you guys tell me which is best.

Thanks for putting up with me. (and my age)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones