1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

this is my first smart phone

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pong3d, Apr 20, 2012.

1. pong3d

pong3d Lurker

Hi everyone. I just got my Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G a couple weeks ago and have been playing with it. I'm looking forward to using the phone for navigation, for geocaching, and many other things. I went for a $30 T-Mobile plan with 100 minutes and 5 gigs of data because I heard about making calls over data with Groove IP. However, I found out that t-mobile only has an unreliable 2G signal at my place of work. I am seeing if I can truly have a smart phone for $30 a month! So far so good!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

My first thought is: too much data, not enough minutes (of course, maybe you stream a lot and talk little). And are you sure there's no 3g? It's everywhere, I thought.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

Hello, pong3d. :ciao:

Welcome aboard. Thanks for joining the community. Touch the link below. That is where you'll find the other users of this device love to hang-out, share tips and interact among each other.

Link: Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G - Android Forums.

4. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member

Welcome to the Forums pong3d!

5. pong3d

pong3d Lurker

No when I have a data icon at all it's for edge. If I had 3G I could use it to make my calls and use the 100 minutes for emergencies only. As is I already use Groove IP at home using WiFi and am getting rid of the house phone.

6. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

Yeah. Gotta love our wifi's, yea?