• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this isn't another iphone bash, it's a people bash

Vzw + apple = oh crap.

All the Apple haters will be in hell if that happens. iPhone + VZW = Smash Hit!! Look how well it's done on a crap network like AT&T.

I love my Android and don't see myself switching to another phone anytime soon, but you guys gotta admit it's not the most user friendly device there is. Most iPhone users are the tech-illiterate who want something high tech. It works fairly well out of the box with very little learning curve. I had to search the intrawebs for weeks before I could figure out how to manage folders in the gallery of my Hero. I don't think the average user wants to go through anything like that.

You all can hate on the iPhone all you want, but it just works. Android works well too, if you don't mind tinkering. Both phones appeal to different people, I don't get how people can say it's a bad product. The only problem I see is the network it's on, and that hasn't even hurt it much.

Oh yeah, TNG rules over all other Star Treks and Wars!!!

Upvote 0
I give Apple credit for their marketing all the time. They really made people feel the "need" for a smartphone with their "There's an app for that" campaign. They have also changed the face of the smartphone world in a major way and I think that is a very good thing. However, the iPhone is really just a smartphone for dumb people. As others have pointed out, people that get them don't know why they want them or what to do with them. Most of them are just sheep and/or feel the need to be the cool kid on the block. There are 5 people in my office with them and none of them really do anything with them. I have even had to teach two of them how to use the stupid thing. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I have a friend who is absolutely set on getting an iPhone when he can afford it. When I ask him why, his only response is that "it's just so sleek"

and then I show him my phone and he doesn't get the concept that they're both capable of the same thing (and actually my Droid is generally capable of more).

people are mostly stupid. apple caters to stupid people. bully for them I guess, they certainly are making a tidy profit off of peoples' ignorance.

Upvote 0
My moms ringtone is the one where Stewie goes, "Mom....mom...mom...mommy....mommy....mommy...mama....mama...mama" Lol, it suits her.
I actually like that episode.
come on TS we're in the Lounge... we're allowed to get dereailed.

coming back to this post i laughed me azz off at the direction it took!!
Okay Okay, I was doing too many things and got sidetrack and didn't realize it was the lounge. :eek:

Carry on,

oh btw, As much as I love TNG of all the Star Trek series, I still think Babylon 5 was the best. Best storyline ever. Londo was the man. lol and their cast system was cool. The Worker class, The Religious class and the Warrior class.

Sort of reminds me of AF here. lol

TS out (looking for a Ranger)

Upvote 0
Last night I saw a different Apple commercial for the iPhone... with a guy shopping, and about 3 or 4 ways the iPhone helped.

Every app he used is on my Android phone. Maybe not the exact software, but software with similar or identical functionality.

Most of the time when I see iPhone commercials I tell my wife ours can do that.

Upvote 0
I actually like that episode.Okay Okay, I was doing too many things and got sidetrack and didn't realize it was the lounge. :eek:

Carry on,

oh btw, As much as I love TNG of all the Star Trek series, I still think Babylon 5 was the best. Best storyline ever. Londo was the man. lol and their cast system was cool. The Worker class, The Religious class and the Warrior class.

Sort of reminds me of AF here. lol

TS out (looking for a Ranger)
I love Family Guy...and yes, that episode is awesome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones