1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This isn't the S5 you're looking for.

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mikedt, Oct 23, 2014.

1. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Seen in a local phone store, Saugsnmg Galxvy S5... How the hell do you pronounce that?
    [​IMG]

I've seen a lot of fake Samsungs, but this one did amuse me a bit.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

I saw once a logo that read "Samsnug"

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

The knock-off S5 was in one of these emporiums.
    [​IMG]

4. bjacks12

bjacks12 Android Expert

Damn, I really miss the Philippines. Stuff like this made my day on a regular basis. I remember seeing Kobe jerseys that were the wrong color.

5. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I know Kobe, he plays for the Lekars.
    [​IMG]
    ...well the number is correct.

6. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

The best I've seen is a Note 2 presented for warranty repair (display u/s) which, when opened, revealed dual SIM slots but a label identifying it as a GT-N7100. The owner insisted he'd bought it from us... until I pointed out that not only was the IEMI unrecognised, but that a genuine Note 2 has more than 1GB system/8GB internal storage.

He returned the next day with proof of purchase - an A4 print of an email receipt, almost entirely in Chinese, for a "Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100): $149.99". Needless to say, it was returned within days marked "non-genuine product". The owner seemed genuinely amazed that it wasn't the real deal. :rolleyes:

7. Revenant Ghost

Revenant Ghost Android Expert

Saug-sen-mug Galzevy S5? :rofl:

8. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Android Expert

even Nickelodeon makes better 'fakes'. i actually think the 'PearPhone' was a neat looking device, even if it's supposed to be a mockup of an Apple iPhone. the pear-shaped screen is just unique. we need more unique phones these days--everything looks the same!