• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help This morning, my apps in the background dissapear

azam216

Lurker
Aug 28, 2022
so i have a oukitel wp15, i suspect there was an update yesterday that i installed but forgot what it was called.

anyway, for example i use the doorbell camera app called "ring" so i can see whos on my front door. id open the app, let it run in the background if im using the other app or whenevr i switch my phone off so i will recieve notifications.

now whenever i unlock my phone, the system manager is closing these apps that i have open like ring, muzz and snapchat so i wont receive notifications.

is anyone else facing the same issue? can someone recommend fix for me please? dont know what to do, cheers

IM ON ANDORID 11, could it be due to duraspeed? iv taken it off, iv tried a few things but any pointers would be great
well based off of the description of the app (Helps boost foreground APP speed by restricting background Apps. Works only when there is a foreground APP.) yes.

did you uninstall it?

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
i havent uninstalled anything...could u direct me where to go exactly please

On my Huawei phone it's under "App launch", where it can allow or deny various apps running in background. On your phone it maybe different, but like @ocnbrze I've never seen and don't know Oukitel devices.

app launch.jpg

Upvote 0
You're doing it wrong.
You are opening the app.
You need to go into your phone settings first,
Go to apps and notifications, then scroll to your app in question, and choose uninstall.
I hope this helps you

Uninstalling the app won't make difference in my opinion, regardless which app it is I open, then switch off my phone...the apps then disappear and I have to reopen them again. This issue happens with all apps

Upvote 0
so i have a oukitel wp15, i suspect there was an update yesterday that i installed but forgot what it was called.

anyway, for example i use the doorbell camera app called "ring" so i can see whos on my front door. id open the app, let it run in the background if im using the other app or whenevr i switch my phone off so i will recieve notifications.

now whenever i unlock my phone, the system manager is closing these apps that i have open like ring, muzz and snapchat so i wont receive notifications.

is anyone else facing the same issue? can someone recommend fix for me please? dont know what to do, cheers
Hello! I am also having the same problem with my Oukitel WP15. I've already done the hard reset, messed with all the settings, adjusted battery optimization, DuraSpeed, and it didn't solve anything. I believe that now we must wait for a new update (which is not worse) or contact support, which I believe will not solve either.

Upvote 0
Hello! I am also having the same problem with my Oukitel WP15. I've already done the hard reset, messed with all the settings, adjusted battery optimization, DuraSpeed, and it didn't solve anything. I believe that now we must wait for a new update (which is not worse) or contact support, which I believe will not solve either.
It's a shame how all of a sudden this has happened, I think due to this update I'm referring to (whether duraspeed plays it's part or not) drains an extra 5-10% battery per day than it did before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones