• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help This phone any good?

Is the SE Xplay a good phone overall?

• Total voters
i'm talking about the official update

even if there is an official update still same scenario. if your phone is gingerbread based, then moving to ics which is new with lots of bugs, still laggy. btw these ics beta roms were also based from sony's offical ics beta released and the developers at xda made some tweaks on it but still not universally bug and lag free unlike gingerbread roms. even someone with Galaxy S2 commented that ics lags on his/her phone considering he/she has a dual core cpu based phone. nothing really exceptional feature on the ics even the face unlock as there is an app in the market with same features which was there already way before ics alpha was released. ics is just like a new theme for your phone better test it out yourself to prove me wrong.

Upvote 0
oh, ICS should hit us by end of may/early june

I heard sooner than that, in only a week or two. And I have had none of the freeze/lag/FC/woe-is-me/the-xperia-play-sux nonsense and I've had the phone for months. I'm waiting to root until the official ICS comes out in a week or two, like I said.

The Play had done everything I've asked it to and more, and hangs with my father's RAZR MAXX comfortably. The gaming is impressive, the DPAD not the least bit clicky (or clunky) and natural-feeling. The best reason I can figure about the volume buttons is that they're there is so they can be used as game controls-I've tried it and it's very natural, like the second set of triggers for consoles.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones