1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

this phone can be rooted info inside.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Monster212, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Monster212

Monster212 Newbie

if you have this phone its easy to root using Root Genius i have uploaded it to zippyshare for you all to download it instead of searching google for it..

Zippyshare.com - RootGenius_en.exe

1. Double-click on Root Genius executable and it

bamx2 and Spec2nirvash like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stinger2k

stinger2k Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just did mine and all went well. Backed up with Titanium. Any ides on what bloatware is safe to remove. I am a noob. Or the best way to go about it like the freeze option in Titanium
    Thanks

3. ladii_king

ladii_king Lurker

Hello, which recovery to use after root?

4. stinger2k

I am very new to this so I am sure I'm not much help, but was able to root mine. So far I don't think there is a recovery for this phone. For me I rooted to get rid of bloatware mainly. When I search for any ROM's or a working recovery I don't find anything. So far I have froze quite a few apps with titanium, but haven't removed any. Hopefully as the phone gets out there more, things will change.

ladii_king likes this.
  5. leb_holdings

leb_holdings Lurker

Hello to all

All these steps are pretty easy to follow but I cannot get this or any rooting software to recognize my phone. My pc does recognize phone as drivers have been installed. Developer options on, etc. My Hydro life has version 4.3 installed. Can this be the problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

6. jefffran

jefffran Newbie

What you're missing is the android adb drivers. This can easily be solved by installing drivermax from CNET to give you the drivers.

7. leb_holdings

leb_holdings Lurker

Hello Jefffran

adb drivers are installed.

8. kylegrant

kylegrant Newbie

I don't know if you've tried this one over here?

Edit: The link here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2870678

9. leb_holdings

leb_holdings Lurker

I've also tried this method. Wont detect my phone. Asking to set usb debugging which my phone already is. Developer options> USB Debugging. This is frustrating, but im not giving up!

10. androidman339

androidman339 Lurker

How were you able to get developer's options? I'm running 4.3 os

11. jasnooks

jasnooks Newbie

If you don't see developer options under settings, go to about phone, and tap build number about ten times. A message should pop up saying something about developer options. Go back to settings, and developer options should now be there

12. Elrynon

Elrynon Member

What do we do about kinguser? You recommend installing SuperSu but they're both super user apps. Do we just use kinguser? Do we install SuperSu and give it permission to become super user and then uninstall kinguser?

13. stinger2k

I installed SuperSU then uninstalled Kinguser. Worked fine for me but I am no expert but read this a few places when I first rooted my phone.

14. mrrom

mrrom Android Enthusiast

Link t
    o drivers cannot find plz. Edit so I finally got the drivers installed and it finally detects my device but now when I run the program it tells me at the end exactly when its at 77 percent that my phone is a tough phone to root manually?

#14 mrrom, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2014
  15. trichome

trichome Newbie

LMAO! I got this phone as an emergency phone a few weeks ago. Saw it laying there, figured Id look into what I can do with it. Well I got it rooted and decided to 86 some bloat. Well I bricked it lol. I actually think it was the bootanimation being deleted that borked it because i just deleted basic shit. So beware.

16. trichome

trichome Newbie

NM, figured out how to get into recovery and did a reset and now shes back. Thanks for guide. Now Ill debloat until it fails and let you guys know whats good to cull.

OK NM I see now. I must have deleted the homescreen or something as now all I get is blackness and a status bar. Ill try a launcher later.

#16 trichome, Nov 29, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  17. Nintendo1889

Nintendo1889 Android Enthusiast

Whoa whoa whoa how did you get into recovery and recover the phone? This phone seems to have an unstable root so I am NOT installing the OTA update or rooting the phone until I get a single answer about getting a stable root on this phone.

18. trichome

trichome Newbie

I just got into the limited Android recovery. It lets me wipe cache or do factory reset. I think the TMobile My Account thing actually unrooted me. I realized I had lost it after opening that app a few days ago. I saw in device health that it had scanned for root and was advising me it was a security flaw. Root Genius worked for me again.

Kyocera Hydro Life Forum

The Kyocera Hydro Life release date was August 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 200 processor, and 2000mAh battery.

August 2014
Release Date
Reviews