1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This phone hates media.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Thefoodman52, May 30, 2011.

1. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

I'm telling you, it does! Other wise, it wouldn't disconnect and re-connect the connection while transferring ANY video or music files constantly. Not just talking once, twice, or even 5 times! It literally, (no exaggeration sadly) cuts on and off a good 10-12 times after I try to drop even 1 mp3 onto the SD. Yes, I'm trying to put it on the SD, not the internal storage. Yes, I tried doing this without the 'moto helper' crapware that comes with it, and with it. Nothing works. WTF.

Why is this SUCH a damn problem??! I've been at this, trying quite literally every way I can imagine to FORCE FEED the ****ing files to this thing!! My Evo has got no problems with basic file transferring, much less a locked out boot loader. I might be dropping this thing for something else tomorrow... I didn't realize it was lacking an LTE radio and a front camera when I got it today. I just saw 'Tegra 2' and jumped the gun. Nothing but a mistake so far.

On the plus side, games run okay. And there's no lag, unless you're transferring files (or the lack thereof), then the phone becomes literally a brick until it stops spazzing out.

2. fastpicker89

fastpicker89 Well-Known Member

I've had an okay situation via DoubleTwist, running off a 32gb Sandisk. Admittedly... usb transferring does make the phone buggy, but after a 30 second reboot the phone seems to be back to normal each time. I may splurge for AirSync and see how that goes, but honestly, it's working okay.

Also man, you've got to do the research before splurging on a phone. Tegra 2 is great, but ya, no LTE or FFC. Although without LTE, FFC is pretty weak, and without a better battery, LTE is pretty weak, and no phone has a good enough battery yet. As far as Verizon goes, this is the phone with the most advanced hardware yet.

3. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Umm.How about using a SD card reader .Just to confirm that the card is not faulty.

4. i_am_booked

i_am_booked Member

i have changed movies on my sd card several times in the past week or so with no issues. the phone does get choppy when playing back music, but thats a different problem on a different thread.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

It's still doing it... not the SD card I popped in my patriot 8gb that's in my Evo in it and tried to transfer things both on and off the card, still dropping the connection multiple times after ~ 1mb into a file.

6. rushmore

rushmore Extreme Android User

I am not having any transfer issues using straight drag & drop.

7. mrfixitx

mrfixitx Newbie

I have had zero issues transferring about 4gb of music to mine using drag and drop. This was from multiple transfers on different days. . I used default settings on a non rooted phone with W7 64 bit.

8. roy5000x2

roy5000x2 Member

Yeah I think it's just you. I've transferred several gigs of media over to my 32 GB SDHC with no issues, including some movies that were well over a gig in size.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews