1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

This phone is tough

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rexdog1888, Dec 26, 2011.

1. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

I just dropped it from 5feet(accidentally) directly on the screen. Its still fine with NO scratches(I'm using it to type this). Say what you will about it not having gorilla glass, whatever they put in is fine.

PolicyWonk likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jse2480

jse2480 Newbie

I baby mine and put it in my pocket, with nothing else in it, face of the phone facing my leg, and within 3 days i had a scratch straight down the middle of the screen.

Unfortunately, I feel the phone has zero of the problems everyone else is having, yet I might have to exchange it for some "rebooting issues" or something, and invest in a screen protector.

3. pgrommesh

pgrommesh Newbie

I got a scratch on my screen gnex as well even though my droid inc never got one and was naked.

4. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

My phone was getting very hot even for casual texting (LTE off) so i decided I'd take it back, and this morning before heading out I noticed two very fine scratches on it. I presume the oleophobic treatment on the screen is what scratched. I can't decide on a protector, the phone is so gorgeous naked, tho... :(

5. pragmatous

pragmatous Android Enthusiast

just buy a cheap POS screen protector for now until the good ones come out.

6. babyhuyx

babyhuyx Newbie

i was bored to i tried to key my screen, and just wiped off and it looked fine o.o

7. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I'm doing. I've got the one that came with my diztronic case on it til I get a better one. I'm enough of a clutz that I just really really don't feel comfortable risking it.

8. foo

foo Android Enthusiast

Awesome & horrible at the same time. If I dropped mine (after this soon of getting it), I'd scream like a little girl :eek:

9. rexdog1888

rexdog1888 Android Enthusiast

Ya I did(ashamed to admit it). And I got mad at the person that knocked it off the table.

10. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

I've dropped mine twice about 3-4ft onto hardwood floor and it hasn't gotten a scratch but with that I decided to throw a case and cover on it got the Diztronic case and included Cover and think it's great . It isn't going to help a whole lot with falls but any little bit helps . I also got the case mate barely there but it didn't fit the extended battery.... All in all so far I think it's pretty tough but that big screen and small bezel has me worried about it's actual toughness (although it's damn sexy beast)

11. Trooper

Trooper Android Expert

Dang ChiTownJim long time no see. I remember you on the Dinc forums man. So you got a Gnex these days huh? How is it treating you?

Cheers.

12. drPheta

drPheta Well-Known Member

I don't think the screen isn't Corning/Gorilla glass, so I threw on a VZW anti glare screen protector on it. It darkens it a bit, but i like how the screen protector doesn't scratch like the clear ones.

ChiTownJim, you following me around? I haven't seen you since the Dinc forums.

13. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

:eek:

14. cggorman

cggorman Android Enthusiast

Helluva tall table!

15. TheGuardian

TheGuardian Member

After throwing a verizon screen protector on it, and then realizing it was absolute CRAP I tore it off. I've been without one every since, so far I can't even find a MICRO scratch on it. And I don't use a holder either...its always in my right pocket. Pretty darn impressive, I might even go without a screen protector completely.

16. ChiTownJim

ChiTownJim Android Expert

Yeah I haven't posted much since the Dinc days I went to the Thunderbolt at launch athen the Rezound for a bout a month . I'm loving my Nexus it's just an all around awesome phone . The Dev support seems like it's going to be amazing also , so much in just over a week done and during the holidays . :cool:
    How are you liking your Nexus ?

Yeah I've gotta stalk drPheta around the forums . The Nexus is awesome

17. zerocool79346

zerocool79346 Android Expert

Agreed. I don't think that the screens are going to be much of a worry within reason. I've had phone since day 1 always in my pocket and never with a screen protector still don't have a scratch of any magnitude. Easily on par with my old Incredible's screen and I never ran a protector on that either.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews