• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This phone sucks... Gettin' iPwn.

If the iPhone had this GPS problem, here's how Apple would have handled it:

1) Ignore it for a while.

2) Claim users are driving too fast for GPS to work.

3) Hold a press conference where they show other phones losing signal when driving through a tunnel.

4) Hand out tin foil mini sattelites to attach to your phone for better reception.

that is just too funny:D:D:D

Upvote 0
I will say this...I LIVE in a pit of iPhone users, and ALL of them, without exception, after playing with my Captivate, just are freakin' hating life. Some of them won't change because they've bought into Steve Jobs (I don't blame them, if I had I probably wouldn't either), but they know it's a great machine. Others of them are only biding their time for an upgrade.

Upvote 0
Apple has officially stopped taking returns on the Iphone 4. I got mine back in the nick of time with out the 10% restock fee. If you have a problem with your Iphone 4 now, their reply is well we can service it for you. I would love to see the techs at Apple getting all of these phones with no fix for them. /Hey Frank, how we gonna fix this antenna issue? Eh just put some clear coat on the aluminum and call it good./

Upvote 0
good luck without REAL GPS on iphone 4. AGPS will not work where there is no cell signal. At least the captivate has a real gps chip.

I think you need to look up what agps is! I dont think you know what it is. Whenever I see people trying to imply that assisted gps is somehow worse than classical gps I do a facepalm.

Its a moot point anyway since iphone4 and captivate use damn near the same broadcom chipset. Except the gps drivers on iphone work.

Don't get me wrong, i love the captivate, but it has two major issues that drive me mad.

1. Gps wont lock on in same place my ipad or wifes iphone4 does.
2. Why for the love of God does a google device not allow me to have new calendar entries default to my friggin google calendar?

Other than those two things, you'd have to pry the captivate from my cold dead hands.

Upvote 0
^lmao

I think the captivate form factor is also really under rated

You like the blackberry-wanabee fastback form factor? Not me.

Just on the topic of "feel" :I love the smooth no nonsense sides of my wife's Fascinate, which is similar to the Vibrant and looks similar to the Epic. & If the EPIC is not too thick&heavy I wouldnt mind trying a real keyboard.

119grams and the thickness are hard to beat but the edge design is far better in the Fascinate. Note generic micro usb connectors have a hard time staying hooked on given the sloped sides on the Captivate, but not the Fascinate [etc].

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones