• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this phone. what do you think

Recently switched to the HTC One SV from a Huawei Mercury which I had been using for 2 years, the HTC is more responsive, loads apps quicker and runs newer 3D games smoother, I also like the screen quality better on the HTC even tho its the same resolution (Richer, deeper colors & sharper image).

The only negative against the HTC is the rear camera quality, I take a lot of photos and the Huawei wins here especially in resolving finer details with close up / macro shots.

1080P Video recording is cleaner on the HTC especially with the help of hardware image stabilization, The Mercury recorded video in 720P without any stabilization features plus it had framerate issues in lower light.

Overall I'm happy with the switch but HTC needs to join the crowd and start using higher megapixel cameras in their phones.

Upvote 0
I just noticed tonight the I'm getting screen separation on the left side.. pretty much half of it. When it's sitting on my night stand in the dark I see light half way down the edge. If I push on the screen it goes away. I've had a case on it, and removed it today to try a different battery so I don't know how long it's been like that but I know it wasn't like that when I bought it. My 15 days to return it to best buy are up and this is already my 2nd one of these phones. I'm not happy at all.

Upvote 0
I just noticed tonight the I'm getting screen separation on the left side.. pretty much half of it. When it's sitting on my night stand in the dark I see light half way down the edge. If I push on the screen it goes away. I've had a case on it, and removed it today to try a different battery so I don't know how long it's been like that but I know it wasn't like that when I bought it. My 15 days to return it to best buy are up and this is already my 2nd one of these phones. I'm not happy at all.

I would check with HTC. Seeing as it's not software related, it's probably covered. It's worth a shot to try. ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones