1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support This Process Has Stopped Unexpectedly spam constantly

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by izihbo, Sep 9, 2011.

1. izihbo

izihbo Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    After running Android Market - updating Google Maps, I'm getting constantly spammed with error messages like this one:

The Process LogsProvider (prosess.com.sec.android.providers.logsprovider) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    [Force close] (as my only option)

Calendar, TWLauncher, Market and many other (system/default) apps are constantly failing to load up apparently. I'm being spammed like crazy - so there's no way for me to use the phone as it is at the moment.

I've tried rebooting the phone several times, remove the battery and SD card, but nothing helps. I really don't want to put myself through factory reset... I've got tons of apps and games that I have paid for - Obviously paid apps will be re-downloadable, but I will lose savegames and in-app purchases... Hours and hours of gameplay lost -_-

Thanks for your time, please give me some good news :)

Advertisement

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    I had the same problem when I updated Go Launcher. In the end I had to reinstall an old nandroid backup to get it working again. So if you're not rooted and don't have one of these then I'm afraid you probably have to do a factory reset.

I thought it was a go launcher problem but if you've had the same thing with a different app then maybe its something to do with the market.

3. izihbo

izihbo Newbie
    None

Jul 3, 2011
    My phone is rooted, sorry for not mentioning this.

So tell me about this nandroid backup you're talking about :->

4. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

May 30, 2011
    Whatever he said.
    Cambridgeshire, England
    If you boot into recovery mode there is an option to backup your whole phone to the internal sdcard, so of you have any problems like this you can return the phone to how it was. But I assume that since you asked you haven't done one of these.

Also if you're rooted, did you backup you're apps and data with titanium backup. If so you will be able to get everything back after a wipe.