• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This S4 is a bit of an upgrade over my Samsung Galaxy Epic

bls

Sep 9, 2010
Yes, I waited a long time to upgrade my phone, mainly because I was able to squeeze such a long productive life out of the Samsung Galaxy Epic 4G I got back in Oct 2010. So when the new S4 arrived, I thought it might be useful to run some benchmarks and speed tests on both phones. Results below.

bls-albums-misc-picture7796-s4-comparison.jpg

So you could safely say it's an improvement. :D

Reactions: robhs
I'm in the same boat actually. Except I haven't been able to get the S4 yet. It's only a matter of time though. Do you miss the physical keyboard? I use the heck out of mine.

I really liked having the keyboard as a fall-back on the Epic when I had to type out something that Swype was annoyingly auto-correcting into the wrong word. But given that so many manufacturers are giving up on slider phones I don't know that we have much choice.

I've only had it up and running for about 18 hours at this point. But to be honest with a little more patience and practice I expect to adapt to life without a keyboard without too much trouble.

One gripe I have: so many times I've been in a web browser on a phone had to tediously type in my main email address. If there is some way to get the S4 to remember that email as a shortcut of some sort, someone should let me know!

Upvote 0
I really liked having the keyboard as a fall-back on the Epic when I had to type out something that Swype was annoyingly auto-correcting into the wrong word. But given that so many manufacturers are giving up on slider phones I don't know that we have much choice.

I've only had it up and running for about 18 hours at this point. But to be honest with a little more patience and practice I expect to adapt to life without a keyboard without too much trouble.

One gripe I have: so many times I've been in a web browser on a phone had to tediously type in my main email address. If there is some way to get the S4 to remember that email as a shortcut of some sort, someone should let me know!

Add your email to your dictionary in settings > language and input

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones