• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

this should be the passion!

The HTC HD2 SUCKS

1. Does not fit into your pocket. Its more a tablet than a phone.
2. Runs Windows Mobile which has an AWFUL App Market which microsoft put HEAVY restrictions on.
3. Windows Mobile is going down hill FAST. More and more phones are supporting Android and Microsoft is losing HUGE market share. Windows Mobile will not exsist on most phones in a few years. HTC is the only Mfr left that is truly supporting it but thats changing FAST.
3. Again AWFUL App Market for Windows Mobile. There are like 250 apps only.

Upvote 0
The HTC HD2 SUCKS

2. Runs Windows Mobile which has an AWFUL App Market which microsoft put HEAVY restrictions on.
3. Windows Mobile is going down hill FAST. More and more phones are supporting Android and Microsoft is losing HUGE market share. Windows Mobile will not exsist on most phones in a few years. HTC is the only Mfr left that is truly supporting it but thats changing FAST.

Unless you wearing midget pants. Its only a couple millimeters bigger than my storm and that fits, no problem. I agree with the rest though...well sorta ;)

Upvote 0
WOW. The HD2 runs Winmo very well. I would accept WinMo for that screen if it came to Verizon....

actually it doesnt. there is a more lengthy iphone/hd2 comparison on youtube. some kid from a site compares both phones browser capabilites. uuuhhgg! its gross how slow/sketchy/rough, the hd2 is compared to the iphone. doesnt even make sense seeing that the hd2 has better hardware. i blame crappy windows mobile then.

but htc had the right idea in my opinion with the big screen. 4.3 is pushing it. i have always wanted to have a phone that was nothing but screen on the front with very thin edges. maybe 3 very very very slim physical buttons on the bottom but still all screen with no space around the edge. htc got close but i think 4.0 screen would be better.

Upvote 0
WOW. The HD2 runs Winmo very well. I would accept WinMo for that screen if it came to Verizon....

actually it doesnt. there is a more lengthy iphone/hd2 comparison on youtube. some kid from a site compares both phones browser capabilites. uuuhhgg! its gross how slow/sketchy/rough, the hd2 is compared to the iphone. doesnt even make sense seeing that the hd2 has better hardware. i blame crappy windows mobile then.

but htc had the right idea in my opinion with the big screen. 4.3 is pushing it. i have always wanted to have a phone that was nothing but screen on the front with very thin edges. maybe 3 very very very slim physical buttons on the bottom but still all screen with no space around the edge. htc got close but i think 4.0 screen would be better.

Upvote 0
The HTC HD2 SUCKS

Im not talking about the HD2 as it is currently sold. I implied with the HD2 running Android not winmo.

Upvote 0
Experia has nice hardware but I don't really see anything that rachel UI has to add. HTC is the only one to offer software that you might match up to apple and seems to be the only one with the balls to use multitouch. The native android software engineers and even Rachel UI guys seem to be like they hired the best winmo guys, so the interface is not terrible but not even close to HTC or iphone.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The HTC HD2 SUCKS

you obviously are a hd2 hater that has never used one.
1....its not the much bigger than the Iphone, and thinner.
2....cant argue here
3....winmo on this phone is perfectly user freindly in the areas that have been tweaked by htc. which is most of them

stop hatin cuz you cant afford it

Upvote 0
Mans it's a shame they didn't put Android on that HD2. Its really a shame...I might be holding out still for that 4.3 in w/ android on Verizon, however long it takes. My girlfriend and I have a family share with 3 lines for only the 2 of us, 1's due for an upgrade. If they let us upgrade both our storm1s to the Droid Bogo offer I'll just keep the other line in case something "COOLER" drops this year. I'll take the Eris, cause I don't like the droid and she has smaller fingers for the keyboard, and everything will work out. May not have the most cutting edge but at least I'll get rid of this storm1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones