• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This site won't load connected to new Wi-Fi service

G

godlovingman

Like title says this site won't load while connected to Wi-Fi I just got installed this morning. Anyone know why and or how to fix it? With my phone connected to the Wi-Fi this site won't load but will after turning Wi-Fi off and using mobile data instead.

what happens when you launch this site? error? nothing? try rebooting the router.
That's what phone says connected to the Wi-Fi
Give it a couple more hours. If it still doesn't load call your provider. I'm sure it's DNS service hasn't loaded yet, or give them a call now.
I unplugged it for 5-10 minutes still same thung
WynxqQH

That's what phone says connected to the Wi-Fi

I unplugged it for 5-10 minutes still same thung
WynxqQH
This site can't provide a secure connection

Upvote 0
Telling us the site won't load and now telling us it says, "This site can't provide a secure connection" is a different issue.

I'm confused so I'll pull out of the thread
So getting an error message isn't the site not loading? I'm confused I thought the error message is saying why this site isn't loading.

again reboot the router
I unplugged it for at least 5 minutes and reset network on my laptop still same thing.

again reboot the router
I had a friend with same provider try the site it loads for him but won't for me do I need to like augie said give it a few hours or what? Site loaded fine while using foxfi and pdanet apps for internet.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I had a friend with same provider try the site it loads for him but won't for me do I need to like augie said give it a few hours or what? Site loaded fine while using foxfi and pdanet apps for internet.

What I said earlier doesn't apply to the, "this site can't supply a secure connection". I get this message every once and a while on the AT&T site. I have tried a few things that i read about to fix it, but nothing worked.

I finally found this:

......If Google Chrome is your window to the world of the internet, you must have encountered a “This site can’t provide a secure connection” error or an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message at least once. The frustrating thing about this error (family of errors, really) is that there’s no easily discernible cause behind it a lot of the time. The SSL errors can pop up on the most popular sites as well as on the least ones. Heck, I’ve gotten one on here, on our website, and I can assure you our SSL/TLS configuration is up to snuff.....

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/

Upvote 0
What I said earlier doesn't apply to the, "this site can't supply a secure connection". I get this message every once and a while on the AT&T site. I have tried a few things that i read about to fix it, but nothing worked.

I finally found this:

......If Google Chrome is your window to the world of the internet, you must have encountered a “This site can’t provide a secure connection” error or an ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR message at least once. The frustrating thing about this error (family of errors, really) is that there’s no easily discernible cause behind it a lot of the time. The SSL errors can pop up on the most popular sites as well as on the least ones. Heck, I’ve gotten one on here, on our website, and I can assure you our SSL/TLS configuration is up to snuff.....

https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/
It has to be something to do with my Wi-Fi/internet I can have my phone connected to Wi-Fi this site won't load turn off Wi-Fi on my phone and the site loads.

Upvote 0
Like I said, I get that same error from time to time on the AT&T site. Then I read (Link above)

.....The frustrating thing about this error (family of errors, really) is that there’s no easily discernible cause behind it a lot of the time. The SSL errors can pop up on the most popular sites as well as on the least ones. Heck, I’ve gotten one on here, on our website, and I can assure you our SSL/TLS configuration is up to snuff.....

Upvote 0
Like I said, I get that same error from time to time on the AT&T site. Then I read (Link above)

.....The frustrating thing about this error (family of errors, really) is that there’s no easily discernible cause behind it a lot of the time. The SSL errors can pop up on the most popular sites as well as on the least ones. Heck, I’ve gotten one on here, on our website, and I can assure you our SSL/TLS configuration is up to snuff.....
I get the same error using chrome and edge on my laptop and my phone connected to Wi-Fi that's why I assumed something with Wi-Fi but I don't really be on here enough to stress over it anymore thanks for your time and help

I downloaded tor browser to my phone and this site loads from it I'm posting this from there. Why would my Wi-Fi and or browsers block certain sites like this? I have my phone connected to Wi-Fi now at this sites loads via tor browser but won't in chrome unless I turn Wi-Fi off on my phone.

I finally figured out what was causing this site to be blocked it was by Wi-Fi my provider uses plume. I downloaded there app and added this site as an approved site and it's working on my phone and laptop.

Upvote 0
I had to put a root CA onto all my machines since my router is from 2010 and pulling a lot of legit sites (including this one) would pull a 'This connection is untrusted' error and since I despise anyone trying to protect me from myself, I stopped that from coming up via a root cert hack.

BTW if you're using AT&T's awful DSL another error sometimes comes up for seemingly no reason. At work we still have outdated Uverse, and sometimes just pulling up Amazon pulls up the AT&T router page called 'dnserr.html' which tries to claim incorrectly that the internet is down. I had to put a manual DNS to 8.8.8.8 to bypass it. Apparently AT&T does their DNS requests via the router firmware and if something goes awry, the error page comes up.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones