• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This sucks...

The incredible is not a eris 2.0. Its a entirely new phone which happens to be on Verizon and made by HTC with the same sense UI.

Comparing the incredible to the HTC Evo 4g would make much more sense. The only phone which is comparable to the Eris would be the Hero on sprint. Being that the phone essentially has similar traits would be no surprise to be similar.

I mean how many freaking threads should their be on the Eris board about the incredible?:mad:(thats right, mad smiley)

By now we all know that the phone is faster and offers a fm tuner, Oled screen, and 8 mp camera. That would be the main difference next to the fugly cosmetics of the incredible. Now can u all stfu bout it? or move to the incredible board

Whoa, settle down.

Of course the Incredible can't be compared in a comparision test to the Eris, they are, as you pointed out, not in the same catagories.

I for one would like to see a comparison as I stated, just for fun to see how much faster the Incredible is. Kinda like the same reason I race street bikes on my cruiser, of course the kick my butt, I just like to see how long I can hang with them ;)

Upvote 0
For all u jealous of the incredible, the demo at my verizon store just completely locked up on me!

The one I just finished fooling around with was slow, slower than my 1.5 Eris.

I asked the floor rep about that and he said (I'm not joking), "It has not been broken in yet; smart phones need a breaking in period of about 72 hours."

"Do you mean the battery conditioning," I asked.

"No, the software is fresh. It has to settle down with usage."

I left feeling the need for a glass of my $24.99 2005 Merlot, but have attempted to give him the benefit of the doubt having to do with caching, etc.

Upvote 0

I asked the floor rep about that and he said (I'm not joking), "It has not been broken in yet; smart phones need a breaking in period of about 72 hours."

I left feeling the need for a glass of my $24.99 2005 Merlot, but have attempted to give him the benefit of the doubt having to do with caching, etc.

Ummm, no the guy is an idiot making excuses, but you already knew that.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

I actually feel like I need a shower now! :D

Upvote 0
The incredible has a pretty fugly back and the red touch of color rip off from samsung tv's is yuck.

All I know is that the eris beat the incredible simply on looks.

I appreciate you jumping in on the discussion. From that post forward, you made your opinion known but it was constructive. I do appreciate it.

LG can make a good phone so it will be interesting to see how they stack up. It just makes me happy to see good Android phones being released (including the one we have). I champion Android right now and am hoping to see it continue to quickly gain ground on you know who.

Frisco, your in-store experience nearly tops them all! I have seen some really funny stories including your incident, OTD but break in period? That gave me a great laugh! :D:D

Upvote 0
My coworker has an Incredible that I just set up for him (NFL Mobile, showing him the settings, showing him how to use battery life, Swype, etc etc).

This phone is RIDICULOUSLY fast.

Tap to open mail. Opened. Gmail. Opened. NFL. Opened. PHONE DIALER. Opened as soon as my finger's off the button.

I don't know what was wrong with some of those Verizon demos, but this thing is ridiculously blazing. I just played with it for 3 hours while my coworker was in a meeting, to set it up for him.

INCREDIBLY snappy. And when you mount to computer, it mounts the (8gb?) internal memory AND the SD card - two different storage spaces to play with (for example, E: and F: both show up).

Definitely not slow. Definitely beautiful. Plus that optical trackball. That thing's perfect.

Upvote 0
That's correct, I asked the store manager yesterday, we were in getting my daughters new Samsung Reality, and he said Verizon will NOT be getting the Nexus 1 in stores, Iphone is just a rumor floating around right now, no confirmation on that either. It sounds like they're pretty happy with the Increadible.

I played with it a while yesterday as well, how can you not????
Fast for sure, but for $523, I think I'll be happy with my Eris till 4g rolls out at the end of the year. Then, I may just have to fork out some money at Christmas time!

Upvote 0
Yeah, Nexus One isn't coming out for VZW. Will for Sprint.

Nexus Two, I think, was spotted with some sort of VZW mark on it. Not physically, but something internally had the Verizon label on it. Not sure if it was the baseband or what.

Nexus Two will be like the Droid, made by Moto and prototypes show that it will be similar in design to the Droid with a slide out keyboard, but a bit curvier.

Upvote 0
That's correct, I asked the store manager yesterday, we were in getting my daughters new Samsung Reality, and he said Verizon will NOT be getting the Nexus 1 in stores, Iphone is just a rumor floating around right now, no confirmation on that either. It sounds like they're pretty happy with the Increadible.

I played with it a while yesterday as well, how can you not????
Fast for sure, but for $523, I think I'll be happy with my Eris till 4g rolls out at the end of the year. Then, I may just have to fork out some money at Christmas time!

For some stupid reason I had hoped that the iPhone would come to Verizon. Now I hope it dies a slow death on ATT.

Upvote 0
If you dont like the post and dont want to read it, dont click on it. Simple as that.

Exactly. IF you genuinely feel a post is out-of-place, report it. Comparisons between handsets are valid as they're especially useful to anyone with an upgrade due, or simply thinking of updating. Posts merely bragging or running the Eris down will be dealt with accordingly.

Otherwise, [deleted]

Not helpful. Please don't do it again.

Upvote 0
For some stupid reason I had hoped that the iPhone would come to Verizon. Now I hope it dies a slow death on ATT.

It'll be off AT&T exclusively soon. Everyone knows how shoddy the service is. Jon Stewart made a joke about it on his show this week when mentioning the raids on the Gizmodo editor's house for the iPhone prototype.

It will be off AT&T. I think the exclusivity deal runs out this June, maybe? That's when the new iPhone hits. So we'll see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones