• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "This time" vs. "Just Once"

YossiD

Feb 13, 2012
When selecting apps to open a file or link in early versions of Android, the options were This Time or Always. Somewhere along the line these choices changed to Just Once and Always. I am wondering why this changed and if there's any way to change it back. As a technical writer and engineer, it rather irks me as Just Once means I will never make that selection again. Not in five minutes, five days or five years.

Is anyone else annoyed by this? Does anyone know of a hack or ROM that can access and change this message?

Actually I'm sure it's down to the particular file manager you're using rather than Android version. On my phone with the stock file manager, it's "Complete action using.", and where it says "Don't ask again." that can easily be unchecked, just by holding down on the file.

Screenshot_2016-04-28-15-30-12-68.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones