1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support This Trojan problem has gone too far, Help!

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by praisethesun15, Sep 18, 2016.

1. praisethesun15

None

Sep 18, 2016
    Male
    Well, first of all, sorry for the bad english, i'm actually a Mexican (That's why you won't find my carriers info on my profile) who hasn't take any english lessons, but i have a real big problem, or rather, problems with my LG G3 Stylus.
    Let me explain why i have this phone and why i can't say what exactly happened to it. So this phone's owner was originally a friend of mine with whom i can't communicate right now, he sold me this LG G3 saying that it had a very stubborn virus and he didn't want to deal with it, so i accepted and now i have to deal with what appears to be a trojan, more specifficaly, a Ghost Push trojan.
    I already had dealt with this virus before, but everything was solved by an app called "Stubborn Trojan Killer" in under just some minutes, well, this case is different, it's so damaged that i can't even use it properly, wherever i touch the screen it just opens like 20 apps at the same time and some ads on the screen that do not let me use the phone.
    "Just deal with it, if you manage to get the app to scan, it will eventually remove the virus" you could say, but it isn't so simple, it always crashes near the end of the process, and at this point, the only option is to reset the phone. Then there's the other method, the manual method, but there's another problem, it requires root acces, wich i obviusly don't have and can't get, i already tried that PurpleDrake thing but it doesn't work, well, it did work for the temporaryroot but it crashed when i tried to do the permaroot, and it appears that it was useless.
    In case you were wondering, yes, i already factory resetted the phone without any results, and accesing the "wipe data/partition" option in the recovery menu seems impossible for this specific phone, it just leads me to the factory reset option. There's a probability that i can get there by using the QuickBoot app, but again, it requires root access.
    What's even worse is that there's a messege that shows up everytime i reset the phone and it says "System UIDs Inconsistent UIDs on the System are inconsistent, you need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable." and a "I'm feeling lucky" button, wich makes me think that this has gone far enough to even permanently damage the phone.
    Originally, i had three possible solutions, the first one, to hard reset the phone, i already explained why it failed, the second, to look for and specific solution to this problem, that solution was the Stubborn Trojan Killer app and the manual method, both failed, and the third one, to flash the ROM and install Cyanogenmod, but i don't remember how to use the ADB and apparently, it won't work too because the virus is directly installed on the ROM and i won't let me install it, besides i have Driver problems. Right now i have an idea, wich is to install some "blank apps" with the same package name so it won't let the infected ones do, but i ain't no programmer and don't know how to pull this off.
    Resuming, i don't know what i can do to save this phone or if it's even worth saving it, if any of you have an idea as to what i can do to restore it, or if you think i did something wrong and you have a specific and more correct method, please tell me, i will apreciate it greatly, and sorry for making you read my painful grammar.
    Edit: Thanks JaronH! It worked!

Advertisement

#1 praisethesun15, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  2. JaronH

JaronH Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 3, 2016
    Male
    U
    Alabama
    The best way to get rid of a virus that has embedded itself into the system partition is to flash the stock ROM for your device before doing anything else. Factory resetting won't work.

Visit this link: https://guidebelajar.blogspot.com/2015/08/guide-to-flash-install-firmware-lg-g3.html?m=1

Despite the fact that your phone is not bootlooping, this guide should help you fully clean your phone, as opposed to a simple factory reset.

-Jaron

Bg260, AZgl1500, IsaacGuti and 3 others like this.