• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help This Video cannot be played

playnwfire13

Dec 10, 2010
This Is what I get when I try to play any video. I thought it might just be youtube but then tried several other sites and I get the same message.

Has anyone else had this problem?

So far, the fascinate has been a disappointment. If I can't play videos I'll seriously be considering a different phone.

Please help

I've Tried the same video over and over and still nothing. I'm not sure if this is a related issue but now my music player isn't working.

As far as other issues that I've had, where do I start. My battery lasts about an hour of moderate usage before its down to about 40%.
Download speed sucks. When the video player does work, I won't bother trying to watch anything longer than 5 minutes or you'll be here for 30 minutes trying to watch a short clip.

I downloaded handscent because I get an sms but when I go to open it it says downloading only it never downloads.
Not to mention the fact that I constantly have to proof read swype because half of the words are usually wrong.

Alot of small issues but they all add up to one giant pain in the ass

Upvote 0
I've had my fascinate since Oct 2010. I've recently had problems like fire13. I can't play any video's including the ones I recorded with my phone. And now half of my music can't play. For music it says, "Sorry, the player doesn't support this type of audio file." Well, it used to play all my music. And I used to be able to watch all videos from whatever site, or the ones I've recorded. Now, none. The only thing I've done is installed an aCCleaner to clean out the cache. So, did I delete something I wasn't supposed to? Do I need to delete all players and download them again? I'm actually surprised I haven't found an answer to this by just googling it. Any help will do. But I don't think I have a defective phone.

Edit: Well, I turned off my phone and back on and now everything seems ok. I usually don't turn off my phone since I don't have a home phone. But is it recomended to turn it off once in a while?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones