• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

This was a WEIRD SpeedTest

So my SpeedTest server location is usually screwed up even though I keep my Geepus on all the time. Most of the time, but not always, it stays set on the mid-west U.S. block of servers instead of letting me pick a more local one.

So I just noticed that for a change it's homed in on the SE USA quadrant of servers. I go to select one of them while I can. Usually my closest server is a Comcast one in Jacksonville.

Not today.

The closest listed server was a freekin' T-Mobile Server in Orlando!

Since when does T-Mo has land based servers working the Speed Test network?

Bruce in Ocala, Fl

I wont test off the comcast jacksonville server, nor will I test of many of the servers they give very slow results, the server it self just seems subpar or the data connection is limited.
I like testing off @Colo in atlanta, or the speedtest server in washinton DC hell even Midco in souix falls sd
and recently Lime and FPL in miami.

Forget the kansas or ok servers they are worthless. Connected to a few on tn that worked well. but not as fast as many others.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones