1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thom Browne edition anyone else?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by opteron5711, Feb 17, 2020.

1. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

I went ahead and preordered their limited edition. Initially the ship date was March 6th but it seems to be march 9th now. It's quite expensive and only have me 310 dollars as credit for my samsung s10 plus ceramic. I may just cancel the order or keep both phones.

I would like to say I'm a power user and I'm afraid opening and closing the Z will become annoying.

I do see 2 thom browne editions on ebay for astronomical price.

I don't think they will be available again from what I can see.

Advertisement

olbriar and Rob like this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Are they unlocked or still AT&T exclusive?

3. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

Let me double check, but I believe it only came unlocked.

Edit: I have the unlocked version on order. I don't remember having a choice for carriers or unlocked version. Also to note Thom Browne website no longer has the phone listed, I'm assuming that is it.

#3 opteron5711, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Unforgiven likes this.
  4. Unforgiven

That's cool. I may have been in the market for the Zfold had it not been AT&T only. I'm not sure I could have justified paying the difference for the TB edition. :(

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

Congrats! That's an amazing pickup. The photos look great and I bet you'll have fun unboxing it. Please take photos/video and come back and let us know how you like it!

PitCarver, olbriar and NightAngel79 like this.
  6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

That special edition looked sweet!

7. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

Still on the fence if I should not cancel the order. Been hearing screens crack when it's cold. Also I can maybe turn around and sell it on ebay they are going for 4I. There is no indication it will be limited edition or only so many made. So the price will be probably drop like a bag of rocks.

I knew it was going sell fairly quickly. I have a ship date of March 9th. Originally when it was ordered it had a date of the 6th. Im on the fence if I should cancel the order. I spend a lot of time on my phone, the main selling point was the use of duo on the desk by simply folding. I travel a bit so this a big plus when checking in with the family. I don't have to travel with my cell phone stand. I don't really text much, but I do play a lot of pokemon go. I've been trying to find a review someone playing mobile games but I have yet to see one. I'm coming from a s10 plus with ceramic backing that is super nice. They credit me only 310 as the trade in value of the phone. So I may just either keep it or privately sell it I think I can sell for a lot more than 310. Anyway I'm still not sure if I should cancel the order.

#7 opteron5711, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  8. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

@Rob if I do decide to keep it I will post picks and thoughts. Be warned I'm not much of a reviewer.

#8 opteron5711, Feb 18, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    NightAngel79, olbriar and Unforgiven like this.
  9. olbriar

olbriar  

Keep in mind that any review is better than no review. Even if it's 30 minutes straight of brag and awe.. I still love seeing it. Love all reviews and who knows... might help another soul make a better purchase decision.

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I did read Thom Brown's School Days once. But I'm not in the market for an Android flip-phone, I just don't feel the nostalgia for them.

11. Unforgiven

That, I'm not a big fan of the traditional review. I like to see and hear how regular people use them. I don't have a light studio and camera tripod. I am coming up on my son's baseball season, so I'm hoping to grab some good slo-mo or 8k video of his pitching and hitting mechanics. I'll be incorporating those types of things in my review once I get my 20.

I'd rather read 5 posts about how real people use it than the 100s of same old, same old tech blogger reviews about this spec this and that spec this and the gamma zoom megapixel what not. When I read something cool written in English, it resonates.

NightAngel79 and olbriar like this.
  12. olbriar

olbriar  

I agree 100% As much as I love tech and especially smartphones, I'm a carpenter. You can lay all the specs on me you like but until I hear how it performs in real world scenarios I'm simply not impressed. I don't need to know how it does it, I just need to know how well it does it.

13. NightAngel79

Administrator

Same as what other said, but while I LOVE MKBHD and Linus and the like, I don't actually care about smooth transitions and fps while gaming. ANd I get a lot out of those reviews still, but you have to complement that with real people. I love hearing how the masses (like me) use these phones and their thoughts.

opteron5711, olbriar and Unforgiven like this.
  14. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

For sure if I decide to keep it most definitely will post pics and my take on the Z.

According to uncrate only 10,000 units will be sold. Not sure if that makes it limited.

olbriar, NightAngel79 and Unforgiven like this.
  15. NightAngel79

Administrator

I mean, if Samsung sells 10million of them, hahaha

16. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

Personally I think Samsung created the shortage of the Z to create a buzz/hype. This way it had the consumer wanted it more since their sold out.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  17. NightAngel79

Administrator

I mean, it wouldn't be the oddest thing they've done. And after the failed launch of the OF Fold, I don't blame them.

18. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

A flip phone. Cool.
    How about a gumstick phone.
    Super tiny.

19. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

Now I'm hearing the fold 2 will be out soon. I have about a week to decide to keep or cancel this phone.

20. NightAngel79

Administrator

I bet soon is subjective.... If I had to guess *maybe* holiday season... Teh Note launch is usually end of summer time frame? Maybe then, at the earliest.

Unforgiven likes this.
  21. Rob

Rob Galaxy S20 Ultra
    Administrator

@opteron5711 have you decided to keep it? So curious!

I'm hoping you keep it and report back! There won't be many others that get it, that's for sure...

Unforgiven likes this.
  22. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

Not sure yet. My order keeps moving from processing and created.

:D

dontpanicbobby and NightAngel79 like this.
  23. opteron5711

opteron5711 Newbie

I'm actually maybe keeping the phone and selling the bus and watch. Since I already the 1st gen buds and 1st gen watch.

NightAngel79 and olbriar like this.
  24. NightAngel79

Administrator

Both 1st gen buds and watch are more than adequate? I can see the buds not being much different, but depending on specs, watches could perform drastically different I would think.

25. willpooted

willpooted Lurker

I also preordered one on 2/14. Says it will arrive on 3/9. Keeping mine for sure.

I would not cancel yours. Sell it for a quick buck if anything.

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip release date was February 14th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.7" inch screen, 12MP camera, 8GB RAM, Snapdragon 855+ processor, and 3300mAh battery.

February 14th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews