1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Thor - Anyone Tried Playing On Their DI?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jikhead, Sep 14, 2011.

1. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone has been able to get the new Thor movie released yesterday to play on their phone. This DVD is quite difficult in copying, but DVD Catalyst had no problems is locating the correct title. The converted mp4 plays fine on my computer, but attempting to play it on my Incredible has been unsuccessful. I've attempted several conversions and copies with no luck. Attempting to play the file on my phone, it starts and then after a few seconds the phone is completely locked up and screen stays black. It takes it awhile before I can get back to the home screen, and once I do if I don't kill the player the phone is seriously lagged up from hell (like I've never seen before).

I'm still working on some solutions and also still trying to get a good ISO file of the DVD. It may be an isolated case or with the DIs, as DVD Catalyst guys wasn't having any problems playing it on his couple of devices.

Advertisement

2. dvdcatalyst

dvdcatalyst Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Software Developer
    I don't have a DI myself (as you already know) but the file I created last night using the settings you mentioned played without issues on my Xoom (3.2), Playbook, NOOKcolor (1.3), DroidX (2.2). Right now I have it even playing on my Augen (!) GenTouch 78 (first generation, running 2.1) The Augen is having severe performance issues (movie stutters due to the video bitrate being too high), but surprisingly, it actually does play, even with the 256Kbps audio.

3. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I'm still having no luck getting them to play on the phone. I just tried again after updating AnyDVD to the latest beta (again) 6.8.61, and attempting to play it on the phone this time has actually been the worst. It took about 10 minutes to recover the lockup. It keeps doing something and I could tell this time with an error, that it was screwing up with the Sense skin, which I guess is why it was rendering the phone useless and locked up for a period of time.

4. jikhead

jikhead Android Expert
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    I found MY problem. After enabling the Power User feature, the audio was getting auto-set to 5.1. It was just a matter of switching the audio from this to stereo, and was good to go and it would play on the phone.