• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Those that ordered Atrix through Premier

BLKRZR

Jul 23, 2010
Arkansas
I posted something similar on the AT&T forum a couple of days ago and haven't gotten a response, so I decided to try my luck here. I wanted to order the Atrix through premier and I know that I'm eligible for an upgrade, but it keeps giving me the 299.99 price and doesn't show the 199.99 upgrade price. Isn't the discounted price supposed to show up before you have to enter your credit card info or am I missing something?

Also, I was attempting to use the Coupon Cabin 100.00 of coupon and it shows nothing as well. Anyone have any success using it via premier? If I go to the regular AT&T website like I'm a new customer, everything shows up (199.99 price and the coupon discount) BEFORE I'm asked for any pmt info.

BTW, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. Just trying to get some upfront help...

BLKRZR, no clue. However, I'm also a Premier and the 199 is valid just going to an AT&T store. Or better yet, I went to Fry's and got it for 149. Costco is 119. And Amazon is 119/129.

Unless you are in a remote area, there's little incentive to use the AT&T web store...

Thanks for the response. I was mainly trying to use the 100.00 off coupon to bring the price down to 99.99, hence my ordering through the web store. Wonder if it would help if I went to a corp store and explained my dilemma to them? Seems to be hit or miss on if they'll honor any online coupons/offers...

Upvote 0
I ran into the same prob when I pre-ordered mine from ATT Premier. I called and spoke with a live person and she got me squared away at the $199. upgrade price but that was about 3 weeks ago.

Like others have said go to Costco or just about anywhere else and get it for as low as $119... thanks ATT! $80 premium to be one of the first on the block and even at that it was maybe 2-3wks tops... lesson learned.

Upvote 0
Bottom line (sorry for long post): ask at the ATT store for what "my price" is... and if there are additional discounts for your account... you never know. If they give you a price you can beat elsewhere, then go to the lower price.

The rest of the story...
I would at least stop into the ATT store... have them pull up your account and see if you qualify for any additional discounts. When I pre-ordered mine, I fully expected to pay $199.

I went into the store and the agent there looked in my account and found a reason to only charge me $99. He wasn't real specific on which discounts he saw... but I wasn't arguing.

When I went to go pick up the phone, the manager seemed to think there was a "screw up". So, ask at the ATT store for what "my price" is... and if there are additional discounts for your account.

Upvote 0
Appreciate everyone's input. I think that ultimately you're right and I'll most likely just end up going into the store and see what happens. Rather frustrating though (the website I mean). Oh well.

On a side note, anybody know why it would tell you you're eligible for an upgrade and then not give it to you? Mine is the primary line if it matters. Just curious...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones