• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thought for your day (5/31)

I was having problems with my Droid X randomly rebooting after I SBFed back to stock Froyo. I wanted to wait on the OTA update, but when it started cutting out in the middle of calls I'd had enough. I spoke to two different people at Verizon (a customer service rep and a tech support guy). Tech support told me that I may be able to do a factory reset and solve the problem of wait for the update to Gingerbread.

After pointing out that other folks already have the new GB, I asked if he could send it to me so I didn't have to spend all the time wiping my phone and then putting everything back on it. He told me that Verizon had no control over who gets updates when and that it's entirely up to Motorola

Well, I got put in touch with Motorola, and they told me to do a factory wipe also and then try loadinng one ap at a time to see which one crashes it. I expressed my displeasure at that prospect and informed her I didn't have that much time to waste. But instead of another solution, the technical support lady told me to just wait for the OTA to fix it. Then she told me something that something that surprised me. She claimed that the OTA update may not be available for download tomorrow and probably wouldn't be until they did some more pushes out to users. When I asked to speak with someone who could tell me when I might get it, she said that she couldn't do that and that was the best answer I would get.

Needless to say, I gave up and downloaded a copy .596 of it and installed it myself from one of the existing sources.

Am I the only one who's been passed around and then told to either screw myself by wiping my phone. Or wait for some update when they won't/ can't control how it gets out? The people I spoke with were nice enough, but I'm kinda pissed at Verizon and Motorola for not being able to help. :mad:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones