1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

thought i would give this a whirl :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by iceagescrat, May 21, 2011.

1. iceagescrat

iceagescrat Lurker

hellooooooooooooo everyone,,, just got a new phone and its fab ( galaxy apollo) yes i'm a bloke, yes i've got mi feet up on the sofa chilling but we all cant be perfect lol.. i'm 44 but who gives a rats ass eh? ,,Dont spose anyone knows why i cant receive audio on my video clips received do they? .. anyway,have a good un everyone yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iceagescrat

iceagescrat Lurker

just typed in ''best android forum on net '' and this popped up :)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Welcome to AF! Glad to have you here!

IMO, this really is the best android forum on the net. :)

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Welcome to the Android Forums!

It's possible that the video clips you are attempting to view on your phone are encoded with a codec that's not supported by your phone...

iceagescrat likes this.
  5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Welcome!!

^this

iceagescrat likes this.
  6. iceagescrat

iceagescrat Lurker

by eck, yer all a happy bunch on ere :), oh and ty to Martimus, havnt got a scooby doo what that means but ty anyway :)

7. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

According to the spec's on your phone, it has a media player installed that should support the following formats:

* MP4
    * DivX
    * XviD
    * WMV
    * H.264
    * H.263

Samsung I5801 Galaxy Apollo - Full phone specifications

When your video file was converted into a digital format it was converted using a CODEC (Coder-Decoder). This program is typically used to encode the video stream into a specified compression format. Some compression formats take up lots of disk space while others take up much less disk space. The trade-off between the different formats is the amount of detail stored.

When a codec is used that the player doesn't necessarily understand, you will typically run into challenges of being able to see the video but not hear it... or hear it but not see it.

The typical solution is to either re-encode the video stream in a compatible format... or install (and use) a different media player on your phone, one that supports the codec in question.

8. iceagescrat

iceagescrat Lurker

ahhh. tyvm. i will try that or have a nosey for another player

9. iceagescrat

iceagescrat Lurker

................... hi again,, just a very quick thankyou,, found a player on app ( vital player ) and i can now hear clips if i play them in codec,, tyvm for your help.. have a great day :)