1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thoughts on flashing a sprint phone to boost

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LesB, Apr 19, 2012.

1. LesB

LesB Member

A little background.....
    Just smashed the screen on my boost ultra. Looking at options of buying the digitizer which seems like a lot of work to change, a full front panel or a sprint ultra with a bad esn.

My thoughts are with odin to flash boost files to phone and cdma tools to edit the id's and prl to the one from my phone I should be able to get it working right?

Anyone done it or tried it?

Also this may be better suited to its own post but I have been reading about backing up the /efs folder. Does this apply to the ultra? I have searched for the folder and cannot find it so I assume it is not a worry with the ultra.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bads3ctor

bads3ctor Well-Known Member

In my experience, it's the baseband version that identifies the phone to Sprint as a Sprint phone or a Boost Mobile phone or a Virgin Mobile phone. You would have to flash the Boost baseband to the Sprint phone and then flash a stock Boost Gingerbread to /system. We don't know which Odin partition is for baseband so you would have to figure that out first.

3. LesB

LesB Member

I think it might be worth a shot to try it....best case senario I help figure out the phone a little more. Worst case I brick it and use it for parts for my boost phone.

Thanks for the reply

smith058 likes this.

Samsung Transform Ultra Forum

The Samsung Transform Ultra release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, 128GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews