1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Thoughts on Switching to Prepaid

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by SpartanCat, Aug 20, 2012.

1. SpartanCat

SpartanCat Newbie

I am doing some research to switch off my parents' ATT plan (They're moving to MetroPCS which I can't get in Chicago but are waiting until I get my situation figured out first).

I'm thinking that T-Mobile is probably my best choice for prepaid, the biggest reason being that I might be able to unlock my current phone to use on their service until I can afford an android phone. Does anyone know if a Pantech Ease will work on T-Mobile's service? Or where I can find this information without just trying it and finding out it doesn't work?

In the future, I'd like to get an android and I found two on their website that seem relatively reasonably priced. Does anyone have any experience with the Galaxy Exhibit 4G or Galaxy S 4G? I'm not planning on doing any downloading or streaming, mainly facebook and light websurfing, email, and games. Are they pretty durable?

If anyone has any thoughts and/or suggestions. Please share them, it would be much, much, much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance!!

2. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast

I have an (two, one in the box for my girlfriend) Exhibit 2/Galaxy Exhibit and live in Chicago. I still have been using my OV for most things but the Exhibit seems to work just fine. Data speeds don't seem to get lower than 3mbps anywhere I've been; I average around 5. The phone is quick, easy to use, and I haven't had any problems with all the stock stuff on it. I don't have a good read on the battery life yet. I got them from TMO online for about 180 with a $50 card each; see if that deal is still on. I'll probably just keep one and send the other back; Alice doesn't seem too interested in replacing her (very solid but physically beaten up) iPhone 4 with it. Oh well.
    Physically it's a bit thinner than the OV, a little smoother in the hand, and doesn't seem to get as bright as my OV. I work beach volleyball which doesn't entail a lot of actual work so I think I'll take it to work today (in a ziplock bag!!) and mess around with it when I'm sitting around.

SpartanCat likes this.
  3. bob60626

bob60626 Android Enthusiast

SpartanCat likes this.
  4. SpartanCat

SpartanCat Newbie

That's great, Bob. Thanks for letting me know. I stopped into a TMobile today and they said I can unlock and use my Pantech until I'm ready to purchase a better phone and I will be able to take your advice then.