• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Thoughts on the TV out?

brigand

Nov 28, 2010
I wanted to know from people who have this whether it's worth getting, what the quality is, etc. Also, I'm wondering if it's really all that useful. The only uses I can think of are:

1) using it to show people photos/videos you've taken on your phone, on your TV (doubt I'd ever use it for this, I usually just email this stuff to people, share it on a website etc).

2) if I'm at someone's house on a Thursday night and they don't have NFL Network, or on Sunday and they don't have NFL RedZone, I could hook it up to their TV (pretty rare occurrence, plus what are the chances I'd have the TV out on me?)

3) put some movies on the phone, and hook it up to a hotel TV when traveling (best use I can think of)

Any other interesting uses for it? Also, any idea if they're going to come out with something better than the composite video connections?

I may misunderstand you. But the Dinc comes standard with TV out for TVs that have usb and support such devices like flash drives. It only allows you to see pictures and music from the phone. You do not see on the TV what you see on your phone. The TV simply reads what is on the phone as if it were a flash drive.

Upvote 0
I may misunderstand you. But the Dinc comes standard with TV out for TVs that have usb and support such devices like flash drives. It only allows you to see pictures and music from the phone. You do not see on the TV what you see on your phone. The TV simply reads what is on the phone as if it were a flash drive.

this is REALLY incorrect.

The Dinc. has a built TV output that with the use of the needed cable (see link below) allow you to port the screen to a TV.

To Answer the OP, the output is only composite their will be no HDMI output.

HTC OEM AV (Audio/Video) TV Out Cable 73H00348-00M

Upvote 0
1) Seems how I would use it the most. (3) is what I'd love to use it for, but from experience a lot of hotels hardwire their tv sets so you can't hook up your own player like that. Depends on the hotel though. They just want to enourage you to spend $10 for a single viewing of a movie rather than bringing you own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones