• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Threads You Shouldn't Bother Posting -

paimon.soror

Android Enthusiast
Apr 29, 2010
Vernon, CT
Ok folks....at this point I think everyone has gotten the point across that some problems are more common than others... we seriously need to stop posting threads on the following topics:

1. My Battery Life Sucks / How Can I Get More Battery Life

2. My Signal Quality Sucks / How Can I Get More Bars

3. I'm using a task killer and [insert question/problem here]

By now I can garuntee that there are multiple threads that discuss the above topics. Please dont create new threads as it totally distracts the people who are trying to help others with new problems. Also, as always, if you plan on posting a question, please use the Search button first. Also, there is a reason why when you type in the thread title, a box comes up under the title with suggestions, because chances are the question has been asked before

Reactions: howarmat
I agree with you BUT some people might be new to this thread and have not looked or searched yet. Not everyone like myself sits and some others monitors every new thread that comes in :)

If anything I think the battery and signal thread should be stickied for now and that would minimize multiple threads

I'm not saying that i sit and monitor new threads, but it sucks when people post new problems and it gets pushed down to pages 2 and 3 because repetative threads are created.

My point was just to help get the message across that people should search as you should with every forum. I'm not trying to take away from the mods, just trying to help those with problems that arent about batteries and signal crap.

My mistake for thinking people wouldn't be jackasses with this thread

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones