• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Three down (2 to go?)

D

Deleted User

Seems a biggie. If I will be working the next three days Im l:m screwed as I need to log in constantly on a site when out, and I have only tethering at home. Others probably a lot worse. EE always had the best coverage and speed, at least before they were taken over. I may look around as I'm free to change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The BBC were behind the curve on this one, it's bigger than they say, but this is helpful :

"History shows that once service is restored people quickly forget about the issues," said Ben Wood, an analyst at the CCS Insight consultancy.

"The challenge for Three UK will be getting its network back online reliably. Often it can take time for things to stabilise after such a massive outage, which can lead to intermittent service for a period of time after the original problems."

BBC News - Three investigating loss of phone services
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50080876

Upvote 0
Seems a biggie. If I will be working the next three days Im l:m screwed as I need to log in constantly on a site when out, and I have only tethering at home. Others probably a lot worse. EE always had the best coverage and speed, at least before they were taken over. I may look around as I'm free to change.

It's all a bit academic for me anyway, because my carrier is China Unicom. Even when I'm in the UK, I'm still using that carrier(roaming).

Upvote 0
But I guess it's a regular issue that needs widespread awareness if people worldwide or trying to contact someone on a down network / carrier via phone or data and don't know why they cannot.

Seems to be on the mend according to reports.

------

and I'm now back on 4G at 12:05 so 12.5 hours out for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones