1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Three Mobile UK + S3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by badboybubby, Aug 17, 2012.

1. badboybubby

badboybubby Member

Bought my s3 in May locked to 3 Mobile and noticed that 3 are miles behind on the firmware updates. Does anybody know when I'll likely receive the brightness bar update? thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

That's nothing we ca be certain of. You better off flashing an unbranded stock ROM.

3. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

It's rather weird. I am on it as well but when there were updates for the Desire they usually came on time

4. EpicMindWarp

EpicMindWarp Well-Known Member

I'm on T-Mobile UK for the S3 and I still don't have the brightness bar version.

However, my cousin who's on O2 does have the brightness bar version...

Each network is different and depends on their own techies to pull their act together.

5. MrMister

MrMister Well-Known Member

Im on 3 as well, direct from them, and they take ages for the updates. I've had one update since I got it, yet unbranded have had 4 I believe.

I keep on at them all the time on Twitter, doesn't get me anywhere, but the more complain, maybe they'll look into it?

6. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Android Expert

I don't think complaining will be worth trying. The only way to "run" away, is to flash unbranded ROM.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews