• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Three problems with Huawei watch

Depo

Lurker
Oct 15, 2015
Hi guys,

I have three problems with my brand new watches, two of them, both have these problems.

1. Watchface doesnt` stay on. After about 7 seconds it changes to different one, dark and ugly one. Video here:

http://failiem.lv/u/iiviufb

2. I change brightness boost to max, leave my watch alone for 10 sec, it switches watchface to dark one and boost is turned off again. Also brightness keeps going back to 4 from 5.

So dissapointed!!!

Got response from Huawei:

"This app and setting drain the battery, so you can probably only get about 4 hours of usage."

Funny how they never tell you that watch can run on max brightness and watchface ON for just 4 hrs.

Sold one of the watches already, its a joke, so dissapointed. Other one will be sold tomorrow as well.

Upvote 0
Don't blame Huawei. No smartwatch, whether Android Wear or Apple, can be expected to run more than four hours with the main face continually on at maximum brightness. Smart watches are designed for occasional glances at time, temperature, notifications, etc. Also some small apps. Nothing more.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Your Huawei Watch is actually performing as it was designed to work.

If you go the the Android Wear App on your phone and select the "GEAR" you will be presented with options that will allow you to change certain features. You will notice that the Always On Screen is ON. If you turn it off the screen will go dark instead of showing the "skeleton" face.

You can also turn the screen off with one push of the button on the right as well as turn it on. Two pushes will turn the screen off until you press the button once again.

Also you can press the button 3 times in a row and the screen will go to Brightness Boost for a few seconds. This is obvious if you keep the watch brightness at 1, 2 or 3. That Setting is on the watch. Just slide your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom and Settings will appear as well as the battery % for a second or two. You might also have to slide from the right to the left to get the the Settings.

Huawei has finally posted a FAQ for the watch and it is a good read.

When I got the watch I almost sent it back but did a little research and now it is a fine smart watch to own and use.

Just get in the habit of charging it before you go to bed and all will be well. I get a day and a half of normal use.

Good Luck!

Upvote 0
If anyone has questions about using a Huawei Watch with an iPhone I will try to help.

I have had the Huawei (Wah-Way) watch for about 5 weeks now and have learned a bit about getting it to work as best that it can with an iPhone.

Huawei has post a FAQ about the watch but not much else. I did call Huawei a couple of times but help was not available for the watch. Too new?

Looks to be a really nice forum.

Upvote 0
I have one problem with the device - the small blurry spot which appears to be a launcher of some sort. Can this be disabled?
Hi @chilterns and welcome to Android Forums :)

Are you talking about a shaded spot on a watch face? If so, which watch face?

I know some faces will have interactive elements that let you launch apps from them; they'll often pulse a grayish overlay if you touch near them.

Upvote 0
Hi @chilterns and welcome to Android Forums :)

Are you talking about a shaded spot on a watch face? If so, which watch face?

I know some faces will have interactive elements that let you launch apps from them; they'll often pulse a grayish overlay if you touch near them.
It's present for all watch faces, when pressed a new screen opens with 8 round icons.
I can drag the spot around the watch face but can't get rid of it.
If there's a way to screen shot the watch I'll post it

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones