1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Three (UK) on ICS?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattdanielc, Apr 3, 2012.

1. mattdanielc

mattdanielc Android Enthusiast

Hi guys

I asked this in the general thread here but I thought this might get a bit more attention from the people I need...

Reading page 2 of that thread it's apparent that ICS is available via Kies on Three. However I've booted up kies, updated it, and still it says I'm on the latest firmware - no update is available.

Is there anything else I need to do to get ICS on Three?

Advertisement

2. mattdanielc

Thanks for the quick response

My code is CPW so sadly no it doesn't seem to be available. What I don't understand then is why others on my network do have the update? And I see in that list H3G is available...and that's obviously three.

Any idea why my code is different from other three owners?

Thanks mate

3. Right if i have got this right it is because you got your phone from the car phone warehouse and not three store or direct am i right ?

I only getting this info from what i have been reading so i could be wrong

4. mattdanielc

I know it looks like I got it from there...but nope I got it from three directly. I downloaded an update from a website once...from Samsung I think back in November ish...but definitely it was official. So no idea why it looks like somehow I've picked up a CPW code?

Maybe I need to reset my phone?

5. Retting the phone wont do any thing.

When YOU flashed the update from the website did you do it through odin ?

If you did that would have changed your csc code IF and i mean IF it was the CPW software you downloaded.

6. mattdanielc

Nope... wasn't through Odin. Any other way it might have changed? Surely if I reset my phone to factory settings though... it would wipe the update I downloaded and have the old csc code?

7. ianramsden87

ianramsden87 Well-Known Member

You have the CPW firmware on the phone even reseting the factory defaults won't get rid of this.

If you are 100% sure that this is a phone from Three then you have 2 options :

1. Go back to the store and get them to flash the correct firmware on your phone.

2. Flash the Three firmware yourself using ODIN.

8. mattdanielc

Thanks Ian - I will try the Three store first I think (although I bought it online from Three so not sure the store will help me - or even if they will understand ;) ) but if I do use Odin where do I download it? I'd never heard of it till wrighty mentioned it above.

Thanks for all of your help guys :)

9. [ROM+Guide]Official i9100 Firmwares KL1/2/3/LA2,4/LB2,LPE/Q/7/2/S/4 Download - xda-developers

This link is were you can get odin and tell you how to use it. I recommend you read it then read it again and once more to make sure you understand. As a silly mistake could brick your phone.

And if you want the official ICS for 3 i have it sitting in my drop box folder, So if you decide you going to do it let me know and will give the link.

I have got another question for you. not related to this though, Do you have 3 c**p on your phone then ? Eg 3 logo when phone boot or shutdown or any the 3 apps they like to bundle. I just curious really.

10. mattdanielc

Hi wrighty. thanks for the link. i think i will just use odin as i phoned my local store and they didnt have a clue what i was on about lol... so yeah can i have the link? I presume i use odin first then install the link...

As for ur question...nope no 3 branding at all. not even on the back cover which i was surprised about.

11. Quboid

Quboid Android Enthusiast

I wouldn't expect local phone shop employees to have a clue about firmwares. Have you seen that documentary on Channel 4?? :)

Three must have ended up with a Carphone Warehouse handset. Maybe a refurbished handset that got mis-filed.

12. stevep94

stevep94 Well-Known Member

I stumbled upon this thread when my wife's HTC Sensation on Orange suddenly flashed up that it was ready to upgrade to ICS I immediately got jealous! :p

I have a SGS2 on Three network and following the link to see if my model was ready for an upgrade and the CSC number is I9100XEU..... - according to the list mine is due an upgrade but I have no idea how to do it!?!?!

I've connected via Kies and it tells me I am already on the latest firmware!?!?!

Can someone point me in the right direction??

Thanks.....

*edit* just re-read the post and it's not in bold so I guess I'm not due just yet!!! :(

13. ironass

ironass Extreme Android User

ICS has not been released for XEU yet. See here:-

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/523455-ics-csc-you-eligible-update.html

stevep94 likes this.
  14. gwr3850

gwr3850 Lurker

Good Evening,

I too am in the list of problematic updates. I have read few articles here. I have connected my Galaxy S2 to Kies to upgrade to ICS. I am indeed with 3 bought it online from their store. My phone information is as follows:

PDA: I9100XWKI8
    PHONE: I9100NEKI2
    CSC: I9100H3GKI2

When I connect it to Kies (V.2.3.0.12035_16) it recognises it and connects fine (MTP) and shows a message saying that there is new firmware upgrade available:
    "PDA:LPQ/PHONE:LP2/CSC:LP2 (H3G)"

I click the update now and it starts to download the update (presumably ICS). It reaches 100% on the screen downloading upgrade components. The progress bar window goes off, and then it seems to cycle, attempt to download it again and then Kies crashes.
    Just showing the error message program has stopped working.

Can anyone help more with this?

15. sdptwuk

sdptwuk Lurker

i have exactly the same problem as gwr3850.

i can connect to kies, download the firmware update then kies just stops - not sending my phone into download mode to apply the new firmware. i have tried installing / uninstalling kies many times yet the problem remains.

any advice appreciated

PDA: I9100XWKI8
    PHONE: I9100NEKI2
    CSC: I9100H3GKI2

trying to upgrade to CSC: LP2(H3G)

16. Forbidden 403

Forbidden 403 Android Enthusiast

@sdptwuk
    You can try updating via Kies from another computer. If that doesn't work and you are comfortable with Odin then you can download the firmware to PC and flash it yourself.