• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

three uk signal

InfernalByte

Android Expert
Oct 8, 2010
Puerto Pollo
Just a note of caution for you Ladies and Gents about 3/Hutchison Telecom and their 4G/LTE roll out.

If like me you have a 4G phone (HTC One), and don't live in a 4G area, don't expect to get 4G when you travel into a 4G area. It is their policy NOT to update your phone with the 4G settings even if you request it, they will only update your settings if 4 you live in an area where 4G has already been rolled out!

Stupid 3.

I find 3 OK, I'm using their tether as my main ISP as I got rid of my costly terrestrial line. 3 are a little slow and even slower during peak times but I've seen little difference in my 3 tethered service and and a dedicated wired router. If you think 3 are bad try EE. (Everythings Expensive (and no better than anyone else)).

Upvote 0
in England 3 are a very poor network

That's the exact opposite of my experience. I've tried all of them and here in rural Lancashire 3 is by far the best performer and (importantly) also the cheapest.

Even their customer services has improved out of all recognition in the last year or so. I've had a few hiccups during their current network upgrades (no 4G yet though) but I'm hard pressed to find much else to be critical about.

Reactions: psionandy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones