• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Three X questions

I've got it working with Exchange with multiple exchange accounts.

However, I liked the stock android corporate email client better than the Moto client. Here are some differences I've noticed on the Droid X:

There's no corporate email shortcut now, just either an email shortcut or a messaging shortcut. The email shortcut can be put on a home screen and used for one (and only one) email account you can specify. The messaging shortcut takes you to another screen where you can then click any of your email accounts or text messaging (except gmail) or you can click the "Universal Inbox". But you can't put a shortcut to the universal inbox on any of your home screens.

Email text is much larger and easier to read on the X.

They've changed the buttons that are visible when viewing emails slightly. They seem larger and more finger friendly, but to reply to an email is an extra button click. First you click the button that looks like a reply button, and then you get the choice of reply, reply all, or foward depending on whether there were multiple recipients on the message (otherwise you don't get the reply all choice.)

For some reason, the X won't let me download attachments greater than 140kb. I can't seem to find a setting that allows me to change that amount.

I'm hoping an update will add a shortcut to the other mailboxes on the home screens and fix the attachment size thing. Anyone know if the attachment size can be modified in a setting somewhere?

Oh, one last comment: it seems more confusing now to configure your exchange email (IMO) than in stock android. Way to go Moto... But in Froyo that should disappear for most folks since the auto-setup works very well (just enter email and password and it does the rest.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones